gun cabinet

lister

here goes
gun cabinet in the hall inside wood cabinet,get out of car open door put gun in cabinet ammo in top box make a brew go to bed
gun cabinet in bedroom wake up shooting permission officer ie 3 oclock in the morning
gun cabinet in loft wake up the house
thinking about main ammo safe in bedroom any thoughts

Lister,

You have too many gun cabinets.... I might consider closing the door before you make a brew and go to bed.

And there was I thinking about your shooting permission officer in the bedroom but can't figure out the ammo ;)

Stan

Been there woken up the house. not good!
Id go for the out of sight downstairs as It stops the shooting permission officer moaning.
good idea having a seperate safe thats what ive done
good luck

Put it somewhere convenient and out of site, do not post the location on the internet, even on SD. atb Tim

Home Office guidance discourages cabinets in lofts as people as less likely to use them...

I'd go for the first choice so long as SWMBO likes the wooden cabinet.

Put it somewhere convenient and out of site, do not post the location on the internet, even on SD. atb Tim

Says the man who posts under his real name and location. Are you a landscape Gardner by any chance? Google has a nice pin on your house!

'lister' in North Wales will take a bit more finding.

(more than happy disclosing my cabinet locations!)

I don't really see the issue with cabinet locations, if someone breaks into your house they WILL find it, it's not exactly easy to hide now! LOL...the important bit is that it's out of sight of the public not to entice break-ins, and that it's secured properly so even if a break-in occurs, it's unlikely they will manage to open it (unless they know what they're doing).

here goes
gun cabinet in the hall inside wood cabinet,get out of car open door put gun in cabinet ammo in top box make a brew go to bed
gun cabinet in bedroom wake up shooting permission officer ie 3 oclock in the morning
gun cabinet in loft wake up the house
thinking about main ammo safe in bedroom any thoughts

I used to have option two.....no good!!!!.............I now have option one,ideal!!!!

OR..
here goes
..wake up shooting permission officer ie 3 oclock in the morning:norty:
..wake up the house:oops:

seeing as we're at Jack Russel level:

..wake up shooting permission officer ie 3 oclock in the morning poking her with my weapon:norty:
..wake up the house:oops:

A lot depends on your FLO when I lived in merseyside they were not happy with it in the hall behind front door and porch door even though it was boxed in.
Now back with GMP no issues.
However if option 2 - you wake up shooting permission officer she can make you a brew / slice of toast and do a flask while you get ready
Wingy

However if option 2 - you wake up shooting permission officer she can make you a brew / slice of toast and do a flask while you get ready
Wingy

I used to have fantasies like the above :doh:

Mines in my room as used to have lodgers. So my solution was to use sticky felt pads all over my safe door as cushions - I can open and close it without making any noise... we're "stalkers" after all :lol:

Says the man who posts under his real name and location. Are you a landscape Gardner by any chance? Google has a nice pin on your house!

'lister' in North Wales will take a bit more finding.

(more than happy disclosing my cabinet locations!)
Precisely my point, with the internet it is all too easy to find someones real identity and location and the average crook can be cunning enough to find you. atb Tim

And an aldi flex grinder is to be found in most home garages these days so how long does it really take to get into the average Bat**n S**nd gun cabinet.
Reasonable care will be what the polis will want to be taken.
Lock up the grinder too.
Martin

Im sure home office guidelines say a cabinet only has to resist attack for 15 mins to meet the std

On position i've got a location in mind but its inside a cupboard this is not an outside wall but it is a solid block wall the same as the outside wall would be (ie the inner cavity wall) it would be bolted to the back and side and floor. ( im happy to frill right thru and put a bolt plate on the other side and re skim over which would be a lot lot stronger than any expanding to glued bolts)

its that acceptable or do they insist its an outside wall as i have no suitable space on one

yeh yeh I know Ring the FLO

ATB

Duncan

who insists that it is an outside wall?
if you run an RFD from your house they insist that it is NOT an outside wall!

if someone has the tools and inclination to remove a cabinet, no amount of rawl plugs is going to stop them

Back