Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Only in America. Only in Montana.

Only in America. Only in Montana.

I walked into Wal Mart (a huge, national chain store if you aren't familiar with it) tonight and found that they had expanded their shooting section. I bought two boxes of Sierra MK 168 grain for $23 ea and was astounded to see a DPMS AR 15 with a collapsible stock and good sights for a ridiculous $529 out-the-door. They had IMR 4350 for $23 a pound and that is cheap these days. Across the isle they had bipods, tactical gear, scopes and tactical gun cases.

This surprised even me.~Muir

Muir,
    They have got to keep the reputed survivalist customers well fed and watered. Business is business.
    BTW I took the offer and I fly over on 14th.
    All the best.
    Martin

well one has to be able to defend oneself if the english invade...again

If Obama gets back in we will buy it back in the bankruptcy sale in money borrowed from the euro zone.
    Is Solway stalker offering those flying pigs this season

Can't see us getting that in Asda over here unfortunately
    (Muir - Asda is a huge grocery store in the UK owned by Wal-Mart if you're not familiar).

[QUOTE=
    (Muir - Asda is a huge grocery store in the UK owned by Wal-Mart if you're not familiar).[/QUOTE]

..and with very similar clientele. I go there to feel slim and well dressed
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    ..and with very similar clientele. I go there to feel slim and well dressed
    I go there for my groceries AND to get well dressed!! Must be north south divide (and across the pond) HaHa!

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Montana would be quite a break out from the beachhead...

Muir, did you buy it? Am looking at getting th FAS 90 over here (Sig550 in Swiss Military configuration).

The Gov't subsidise the ammo for 300m practice so Ruag match 5.56 is a little under $20 for 50. Not bad. Real bargain is the 7.5x55 at the same rate

ATB,

Scrummy

PS Sadly guns aren't as cheap nor sold at Migros / Co-op

I am going to wait till they are in the Aldi specials :-)

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Time for a small history lesson.

1781; Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown. He surrendered a battle not a war. The American War of Independence was never won it simply stopped.

1783; Good King George absolved us of liability for the wellbeing of our fellow subjects in the Colonies of the Americas. (Why or how could he even do that if we had lost any war? and... Why would the colonials have sought that, if they'd won a war of independence? .... but I digress) Note the dates... Two years after the battle at Yorktown, the colonials still had to go cap in hand to the king, albeit carrying what they thought was a big stick, in order to negotiate the terms of a deal... which was then rather optimistically "Declared" as Independence. The myth has prevailed ever since.

Another small digression.... George Washington's title... He was an "Esquire" (a title he carried till death) that title was granted by the King.... ... Same as Benny Franklin and a few other main lads of the time.

Ergo... We wouldn't be "invading" as it's already ours.