Thread: Fast pheasant prep

Fast pheasant prep

Came across this and it looks pretty handy if you got a lot of birds to do!

Now that piece of kit looks good....

very good bit of kit
    Or if the pheasants are fresh place them on the ground breast up with wings open stand on the wings and pull the legs sharply away from wings and you get breast and legs ready to go, got to be freshly killed and not shot to pieces like some guests feel is ok.

PJ.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Looks a good idea

if you stand on the wings with chest pointing up and head towards you you can get a finger under the sternum and just pull up and back towards the head.
    even quicker than that.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    if you stand on the wings with chest pointing up and head towards you you can get a finger under the sternum and just pull up and back towards the head.
    even quicker than that.

Why bend over onuo the floor when you can stand comfortably with this bit of kit? I suppose if your only doing one or two it would be alright . Imagine if you had to do a couple of hundred!

I was brought up with the belief that if a job is worth doing its worth doing well. For me this means plucking pheasants, taking care not to tear the skin and finishing up with a nice clean oven ready bird. Outdated thinking perhaps but it just seams wrong to me to tear the thing to bits. I don't shoot many pheasants these days but if I had to prepare the like that I don't think I'd pick the gun up. It's just a pet hate of mine, like carrying birds by the feet or dispatching them by swinging them round by the head. Having said that, if its the way you do it, thats a clever bit of kit.

Ezzy

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy6.5 View Post
    I was brought up with the belief that if a job is worth doing its worth doing well. For me this means plucking pheasants, taking care not to tear the skin and finishing up with a nice clean oven ready bird. Outdated thinking perhaps but it just seams wrong to me to tear the thing to bits. I don't shoot many pheasants these days but if I had to prepare the like that I don't think I'd pick the gun up. It's just a pet hate of mine, like carrying birds by the feet or dispatching them by swinging them round by the head. Having said that, if its the way you do it, thats a clever bit of kit.

Ezzy
    interesting video but Ezzy i am with you on this one

good bit of kit but i am with you ezzy. Seems a Shame to waste the legs and wings just to save some time.