Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chamois Mount

Chamois Mount

I drove to Austria and picked this up yesterday. Very happy with the work. Bill, the logistics of sending it to you were too much, otherwise you would have done it for me!

It has since been re aged at 7 years. The liver was delicious and would gladly go for another one.

Nice one - now for another one in winter coat.

Let me know when you're next in town.

That was quick taxidermy, you will hardly have digested it's liver, looks good.

Moose

Great mount Conor, think I'm needing one for the conservatory Just to please the wife!!

Tha Gab! They operate on a very strict quota system, so much so that that they have ceased all hunting for the remainder of the season. In recompense, they have offered me a Steinbok for next year with a discount! Reavhed agreement with the boss such that if I shoot a Steinbok, I will not shoot a Buffalo. After much consideration, we shook hands.

Moose, the taxidermy took 7 weeks or so. It is first class work and unlike other European mounds, in that the beast doesnt have a vacant, glazed expression on its face. The liver was excellent and was washed down with an excellent bottle of Bricco Dell`uccellone!

Shame the lips are not so good. Looks like its mouth has been cut in with an angle grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor1 View Post
    Reavhed agreement with the boss such that if I shoot a Steinbok, I will not shoot a Buffalo. After much consideration, we shook hands.
    Hopefully the deal was only for next year!!!!! looks like there is plenty room on the the wall next to the Chamois for a Buff

Moose

I gave her my word. I think a Steinbok is a decent tradeoff for foregoing the Buff!

Quote Originally Posted by Conor1 View Post
    I drove to Austria and picked this up yesterday. Very happy with the work. Bill, the logistics of sending it to you were too much, otherwise you would have done it for me!

It has since been re aged at 7 years. The liver was delicious and would gladly go for another one.
    Hi, Conor - and congrats on your Chamois! Your wall must be getting crowded by now. Understand completely the logistics of getting it to me. How did your stalking in the Great Glen go this season. I spoke to George a while back and he said your were due in October - no doubt I will see either George or Graham at a shoot shortly so will get the crack then. ATB Bill.

HI Bill

I am just on my way back. Plenty of walking, great sport with amazing company. I have been threatened with divorce if I put anything more on the wall. Fox and Sika en route. Still room for the Ibex!

Regards

Conor