Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wild deer / farmed deer

wild deer / farmed deer

Can firearms cert holders with deer on it shoot park deer or are they classed as farm animals. If they are classed as farm animals do they need a slaughtering part added. I have seen Bison for clients advertised. can a normal firearms certificate holder do this .Regards woodfordfallow

If its a park then seasons apply. If a farm then they are should not be shot . I must admit to seeing some of these adverts and wondering if they are crossing the line.

From the adverts that I have seen and knowing the individuals and set ups concerned I can assure you that they are park not farm.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

That is a good question by WF, what actually is the difference between the 2?

At then end of the day park or farmed will end up on somebody's plate won't they?

But to answer the question i would ring our local FLO at middlemoor to clarify.

Cheers

Richard

I can't see how you can tell from an advert.

Simply put

Farmed are tagged and have a herd number etc

Park are wild deer kept in enclosed land

Although there is nothing really in either Case or Statute Law that properly defines this

The FAC bit is surely a red herring as most FAC's will specify 'Deer' I have never seen one that says 'only wild deer' or 'farmed deer'

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    I can't see how you can tell from an advert.
    If that was for me, I apologise for my clumsily worded reply, what I should have said was, the only advert on here that I have seen for Bison was from an individual that I know very well and I know the setup under which the bison are reared and shot. They are Park animals not farmed, they are not covered by the DEFRA regulations that they would be were thay farmed and tagged.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Lewis View Post
    Simply put

Farmed are tagged and have a herd number etc

Park are wild deer kept in enclosed land

Although there is nothing really in either Case or Statute Law that properly defines this
    Hi Mr lewis i help look after farmed deer and only the the breeding stock have tags in the ear. All the animals that we send for slaughter do not have tags till shot or slaughtered.Our deer are in pens and are farmed deer.My FAC does not have Bison on it so can i use my rifle to shoot one.Can i shoot a cow with a brocken leg. ( I think the answer is no i can't).This could be helpfull for people who would help a farmer with an injured animal.The FAC is getting very tight on what you can and cannot shoot with each weapon So be very careful.

Quote Originally Posted by woodfordfallow View Post
    My FAC does not have Bison on it so can i use my rifle to shoot one.
    Would have thought not.