Thread: The power of advertising

The power of advertising

Everytime I log onto SD there's a picture of a Zeiss scope shouting "Buy Me, Buy Me"

I always warn the missus about the clever point of sale marketing strategies that the supermarkets use, like putting chunky Kit-Kats in the checkout aisles.... but I never thought I would ever succumb to this mentality.

All I can say is...,
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

You bought a chunky Kit -Kat ?

Love 'em
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

And on this thread there is a Swarovski Z6i saying 'buy me, buy me'.

I have the perfect defence... being skint!

Just bought a second hand bushnell scope and when I find a bargain basement .243 to put under it (assuming Strathclyde's finest do their bit...) I will apologise profusely to any deer unlucky enough to be shot with such a low-rent outfit. The venison should taste just as good regardless, I believe.

Andy

PS - and yes, I'll still have to lie to The Controller about how much it all cost! Somethings remain true regardless of which end of the retail spectrum you move in.

Quote Originally Posted by andyf View Post
    I have the perfect defence... being skint!

Just bought a second hand bushnell scope and when I find a bargain basement .243 to put under it (assuming Strathclyde's finest do their bit...) I will apologise profusely to any deer unlucky enough to be shot with such a low-rent outfit. The venison should taste just as good regardless, I believe.

Andy

PS - and yes, I'll still have to lie to The Controller about how much it all cost! Somethings remain true regardless of which end of the retail spectrum you move in.
    Maybe you should of gone cap in hand to one of the big names that spend lots on trying to convince us and offer to spread their advertising stuff and you surely would be given all the scopes you wished for.

PJ.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

YOU USE A SCOPE?..............how modern....
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    And on this thread there is a Swarovski Z6i saying 'buy me, buy me'.
    I went for the cheaper option