Third Eye Tactical Muzzle Break - Remy 700 .243

ths84

I ordered one of these a few weeks back from Third Eye Tactical as I don't like having a mod on as I feel it upsets the balance of the gun and as I only have little legs it then drags in the grass!

It was received today (2 week turn around) and it is stunning I mean really stunning, the engineering is perfect and it just fitted on without a single problem. I'm taking it to the range tonight and ill update on how the rifle handles.

Ill be getting the guys over the road from me to give it a couple of microns of matt black just to dull it down even though I do like the look of the it now :)

I can't recommend these guys enough and as everything is custom they will tailor it around you :D (I paid £74 incl postage)
http://www.thirdeyetactical.com/

IMG_1317.JPGIMG_1318.JPGIMG_1319.JPGIMG_1320.JPGIMG_1321.JPGIMG_1322.JPG

Last edited:
Please stick results up on how well it calms down the rifle as Ive been eyeing a brake up for a while now for the 7-08

Had you given them your muzzle diameter they would have tapered the Brake to blend in with your Muzzle OD.:tiphat:

Yorkie.

It looks nice, dont take this the wrong way its not meant to be critical of your purchase but does a .243 really need "calming down"?

Don't worry it wasn't really to calm it down it just had a habit of jumping when shooting off the bipod and then lack of visibility whilst the smoke cleared :)

Tried it out at the range last night and it did make a big difference with the handling of the rifle so I am very pleased with it as it now shoots like the 22WMR I had before!

I did consider getting the muzzle tapered Yorkie but then thought if I change rifles then it will always remain the same.

It looks nice, dont take this the wrong way its not meant to be critical of your purchase but does a .243 really need "calming down"?

Yes he tried it at the range last night - its a bloody noisy thing I can tell you. :rolleyes:

Yes he tried it at the range last night - its a bloody noisy thing I can tell you. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that, it kicked up a load dust a well which was surprising when using factory ammo!

Ill let you have a go tomorrow 8x57 :lol:

No thanks I can make enough noise with that short barreled 8x57jrs of mine.

I did consider getting the muzzle tapered Yorkie but then thought if I change rifles then it will always remain the same.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough mate, can't argue with that. :D

Yorkie.

Todays test with the new Lapua brass and muzzle break at 100m.

So far looking very very promising but will try a few more loads around this area at 38.6gr N140 with 70gr Sierra BT.

IMG_1326[1].jpg

Back