Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone signed the government e petition for the repeal of the hunting act?

Anyone signed the government e petition for the repeal of the hunting act?

Just seen it,Not many people have signed,but i don't think many people know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlaney View Post
    Just seen it,Not many people have signed,but i don't think many people know about it.
    I must say I did not no it was available to sign ill go do it now....
    Last edited by MONGOOSE; 05-10-2012 at 14:30.

Is there a link?

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

Might seem a bit weird, but I've always thought the Hunting Act works very well; most anti's (apart from the hardcore activists) think Hunting has been banned, whilst in reality the Act is so full of holes that many Huts carry on exactly as they did before. My concern is that if it is repealed, a more effective ban might be brought in sometime in the future.

Good point,i just did'nt like seeing more numbers on the keep it banned than the repeal the act one.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker68 View Post
    Might seem a bit weird, but I've always thought the Hunting Act works very well; most anti's (apart from the hardcore activists) think Hunting has been banned, whilst in reality the Act is so full of holes that many Huts carry on exactly as they did before. My concern is that if it is repealed, a more effective ban might be brought in sometime in the future.
    Yeah I tend to agree talking to the local hunt master he reckons its never been so popular even more so since the ban I don't think it had the impact they thought it would have ,he tells me that I think only three people have been charged in relation to the hunting act since it came in hardly a huge amount is it.....

have to agree there mate a good point regards pete .

make it illegal and it becomes more popular?????????????

lets ban going topless on the beach

craggy

Or if it is repealed it might deter further legislation of this nature. Game shooting and the use of lead shot and bullets are currently in the firing line, without a determined and united fight from the countrysports community we are bound to see a steady erosion of our liberties. It is not a question of whether hunting etc. is a good idea or not, it is a matter of having the freedom to choose. atb Tim