1st day in the morning

norma 308

1st day on the partridge in the morning and I hope I have remembered everything .you would think that after a decade on the same shoot I wouldn't be nervous but if the truth be known I always get the jitters on first day .
i am trying to make a positive effort this year not to be grumpy :D
we shall see how grumpy I get when I see the quality of the shooting :doh:
grumpy Norma

1st day on the partridge in the morning and I hope I have remembered everything .you would think that after a decade on the same shoot I wouldn't be nervous but if the truth be known I always get the jitters on first day .
i am trying to make a positive effort this year not to be grumpy :D
we shall see how grumpy I get when I see the quality of the shooting :doh:
grumpy Norma

Im the same Ive booked a 100 bird day with some mates. Its the 1st time Ive ever done something like it. It will however be a 1 off so I. hoping for sonething to remember.

Nutty

That's why I get the jitters keepers try hard as they can to produce a great day for the guns and as my boss says its not a numbers thing he just wants to enjoy the day with good friends on his farm ,sure it will go well time for a whisky now
norma

Not a bad forecast for tomorrow. Keep their heads towards the guns!!
We've had two good days; third on Wednesday. Roll on Feb.

Wow if the pheasants fly that well on the 1st day it bowds well for the season .the partridge were there but drying out on the tracks and hedgerows after 18 mm of rain last night but a useful start and you have to have a 1st day .fed up the rides after the day and birds coming home so in the bath now for a soak and a whisky .
i will sleep well tonight .
norma

alright nuyyt/john

that u shooting down at our neigbours, jimmy's? jist dinae expect owt like that at ours. think its his first season wi reds. good day?

hi doug,
hope your day went well. got our first pheasis shoot 2 weeks time.
i still get the nerves after 11 yrs here, dont know why as it always goes smooth as clockwork.
aint been on here much of late, been too busy on the farm and at home.
a good friend of mine beats on your shoot, i would like to come and have a day with you if you would be glad to have me.
if so pm me some dates.
cheers mate.
mark.

Back