Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: .243 Rifle choice

  1. #1

    .243 Rifle choice

    Hello, I am looking to buy my first new .243 rifle for fox and deer stalking (just got my FAC), I have been looking at tikka T3 lite s/s and x-bolt stainless fluted synthetic. I have also started looking at the sako A7 as I like the safety that lets you open the bolt when the safety is still engaged, same as the browning. Is the A7 worth the extra money? or do you think it's better to save up a bit more dosh and go for the sako 85 s/s. This is my first rifle and I don't won't to buy again so if I have to wait a while longer I don't mind. There are a lot of reviews on these rifles, does it just come down to what feels right or is one technically better than the other

    Thanks'

  2. #2
    From someone who's had a .243 xbolt I'd reccommend you steer well clear - you'll find I'm not the only person online who's had problems with them.

    The T3, A7, and 85 s/s are all great rifles but you get what you pay for!... Having handled all three I decided the 85 had the edge. I love mine and haven't had a moments regret!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by jodi View Post
    Hello, I am looking to buy my first new .243 rifle for fox and deer stalking (just got my FAC), I have been looking at tikka T3 lite s/s and x-bolt stainless fluted synthetic. I have also started looking at the sako A7 as I like the safety that lets you open the bolt when the safety is still engaged, same as the browning. Is the A7 worth the extra money? or do you think it's better to save up a bit more dosh and go for the sako 85 s/s. This is my first rifle and I don't won't to buy again so if I have to wait a while longer I don't mind. There are a lot of reviews on these rifles, does it just come down to what feels right or is one technically better than the other

    Thanks'
    You won't go wrong with the T3 mate its the best value rifle around in its price range IMO , you can get a brand new one for £700 ish and a bit more for the stainless stay away from the browning if I were you, if you can afford the sako 85 they are an awesome rifle but are they worth nearly double the price of the T3 I don't think so I've got a T3 and a howa 1500 but I really love the t3 the trigger is absolutely awesome and the bolt is as smooth as silk it's an absolute cracker IMO....

  4. #4
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    midhurst west sussex
    Posts
    279
    save your pennys and go sako buy once and enjoy your stalking !!

  5. #5
    If you think Sako do you think the A7 is better value than the 85

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by sakowsm View Post
    save your pennys and go sako buy once and enjoy your stalking !!

    Agreed buy the best you can afford simple as !!!but any new/good used rifle whatever make will get the job done, always the man behind the trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jodi View Post
    If you think Sako do you think the A7 is better value than the 85
    Ive recently fired one down the range and didn't rate it at all the chap who has got it is really disappointed with it he prefers his T3, go with the T3 or the 85 I don't think the A7 is worth the extra over the T3.....

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dlz90 View Post
    Agreed buy the best you can afford simple as !!!but any new/good used rifle whatever make will get the job done, always the man behind the trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jodi View Post
    If you think Sako do you think the A7 is better value than the 85
    The A7 is a good rifle but it's basically a T3 with Sako face paint! Both good rifles but if you can stretch the extra money then get the 85... Though bear in mind you'll need another £130 for mounts for the 85 unless you can get a s/h set from someone on here!

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    T3 stainless laminate

Similar Threads

  1. .243 scope choice
    By nicholiath in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 11:22
  2. Advice needed for rifle choice
    By walrus in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-02-2012, 12:22
  3. First stalking rifle choice
    By otisthedog in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18-01-2012, 10:08
  4. New rifle calibre choice dilemma.
    By kingstonandy in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 10:22
  5. Please can you give me some advice on rifle choice.
    By robbobsam in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 23:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •