both zeroed half and inch high at 110 yards.

smithp18

I have just been checking and trying loads for Nosler Partiton 130grn using H4350.
I'm not sure if this as happen to anybody else??
The best load for my rifle using Nosler Partiton 130grn producing tight group was 53.4 grn H4350.
Ironically the best load for my rifle using Nosler Partiton 150grn producing tight group is 47.2 grn H4350.
Now if your wondering what is he going on about is that both zeroed half a inch high at 110 yards. in fact I could not split the sheets.

Phil

Last edited:
Phil,

Your rifle doesn't think logically. Why would it assume it needed more powder for a heavier bullet?

Stan

I guess you are using a .270 the calibre has a reputation for shooting bullets of different weights to the same zero. My old 270 used to do it. When I worked up a load for it, I tried 3 powders and 3 weights and they all shot very close to the same poi. Haven't tried my new 270 with anything other than 130s so don't know if it will do the same

Ezzy

Impressed Ezzy,
Yes 270, out of interest tomorrow 200 then 300 busy loading to see.

Phil

I have just been checking and trying loads for Nosler Partiton 130grn using H4350.
I'm not sure if this as happen to anybody else??
The best load for my rifle using Nosler Partiton 130grn producing tight group was 53.4 grn H4350.
Ironically the best load for my rifle using Nosler Partiton 150grn producing tight group is 47.2 grn H4350.
Now if your wondering what is he going on about is that both zeroed half a inch high at 110 yards. in fact I could not split the sheets.

Phil
how is it zeroed 1/2inch high at 110yrds?????

Hi Mick
Its just where a suitable lump in the ground happens to be.
bobble burst they drift apart at long distances.

Phil

My Blaser in 308Win shoots 150 grain Hornaday Spire Points at 3000fps, 150 grain Hornaday Spire Points at 2450fps, 150 grain Nosler Partitions at 2700fps and Federal 150 grain factory ammo all into the same group at 100 yards. At longer ranges things change a little but they are not so very far apart. I guess it just happens sometimes.

Back