Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stu Mitchell Larder Knives

Stu Mitchell Larder Knives

Just a quick photo of my new larder knives by Stuart Mitchell, full review to follow. Needless to say, I am very pleased with them. Glyn

Look the part, I shall await your review of them in use
    .308, because if I want to watch something run away, I'll take my dog for a walk.

To be honest, taking delivery and using them for the first time was a bit of an anticlimax in a very strange sort of way....

....the workmanship and quality is fantastic but, I knew it would be as I know Stuarts reputation.
    ....the design is spot on but, I knew it would be as I have been using knives for a long time and Stuart and I discussed what was required at length.
    ....in short, they are perfect for the task and a pleasure to use but, I knew they would be!

What was more of a suprise was, in the same package, Stuart sent me a prototype knife in a general Bushcraft/survival style for testing on deer and game. This proved very useful despite being quite different from my 'perfect' knives. The only problem that I had with it was that I had to send it back after a couple of weeks! Again I will write a full review of this knife in due course but I'll post a photo now to wet the appetite.

Glyn.

Very very nice, and great blade design IMHO. Enjoy using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    Just a quick photo of my new larder knives by Stuart Mitchell, full review to follow. Needless to say, I am very pleased with them. Glyn

they look absolutely perfect Glyn do mind if I ask how much?
    www.anglocustomrifle.co.uk
    Anglo deer management and training
    Yet another 7mm 08 user ..................... if Carlsberg made calibers.........................

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Glyn

That is some lovely work - no wonder you are delighted with them. Looking on his website only makes things worse

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by pierred View Post
    they look absolutely perfect Glyn do mind if I ask how much?
    Beat me to it fella
    .308, because if I want to watch something run away, I'll take my dog for a walk.

Liking that as well, nice clean lines

They were more than twice the price of a basic Frosts Mora so I will be trying not to lose them!

Seriously though, obviously they cost a lot of money but you can't take it with you. Have a look at Stu's website.