Thread: Kevin McCloud culling a deer on Channel 4

Kevin McCloud culling a deer on Channel 4

Watching Kevin McCloud's Man Made Home on Channel 4 tonight, he culled a deer on screen for the hide to make a chair. He stated he felt great emotion when he squeezed the trigger, but immediately said 'but I had chicken for lunch' in justification of taking the life of a creature. Included the removal of the brain for the tanning process.
    Well balanced and informative television.

He is quite a good presenter - sadly missed the episode so will have to look out for repeats or watch online

Worth a look, I'd guess at about 40 minutes into tonight's episode. He wanted a hide for a chair created by him so he found a cull deer with a professional, took the shot himself.

Not sure I would call it balanced television but I enjoyed it none the less. Am rather envious of his shed.

Quote Originally Posted by howa243 View Post
    Not sure I would call it balanced television but I enjoyed it none the less. Am rather envious of his shed.
    You're right - I would actually say it showed deer culling in a positive light.

Big shed!, cheese floor and a dodgy safe as a stove!

I did find it odd that he shot it, as the stalker had already said that the hide is thrown away. Why didnt he just take one. Did make me think more about tanning a hide.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    cheese floor
    Did you see how he finished the floor off. Last I saw it was still soft to touch and cracking.

I did find it odd that he shot it, as the stalker had already said that the hide is thrown away. Why didnt he just take one. Did make me think more about tanning a hide.
    He wanted to personally to do as much as he could himself.

the stalker he shot the deer with was the same chap i did my dsc1 with, Tim is a very knowledgeable fella indeed.

Tom