Available: CARCASS PREP and LARDER DAY

roestalker

GREENLEE CARCASS PREPARATION AND LARDER DAY's.

SUNDAY OCTOBER 14th, AND SUNDAY OCTOBER 21ST.

• Guidance from an Approved Trainer and Assessor
  • A demonstration of exactly how the gralloch and Carcass preparation for the larder should be done on a red stag carcass.
  • A chance for those who have completed DSC1 trained hunter theory to get stuck in.
  • Ideal for those registered for DSC2 or are considering it.
  • Approved Witness recording can be arranged for a max of two people who feel they are ready to complete DSC2 elements 3&4 in their portfolio. :D
  • For anyone interested in how it should be done and what to look for.
  • The venison can be purchased :D

I will give a demonstration on one carcass and am happy to give any instruction/guidance during the day.

There will be at least two carcasses for those who want to get stuck in. :)

COST £45.00 . There are limited places now left available.

Contact Jon on 07 889 843 522 or 014 34 344 067 or by e-mail roestalker@aol.com

Last edited:
roestalker,could you please move bout 120 south.would love an offer like this near to me.

where abouts are you jon ,are these two dates your last at minute or will you be doing more?

Bri 243 hello,

We are in Northumberland between Hexham and Carlisle. October 14th and 21st are probably the last in the near future due to the stalking being booked for the doe season. If you can't make it let me know and I will keep you on the list to contact you if another comes up.
That goes for any other SD members, if I have enough interest I will run another one, Saturday/Sunday or weekday, I need at least 4 people booking to set one up. The last two went really well and all who took part said it was good to see it done and have the guidance as they got stuck in. One had his element 3&4 for DSC2 completed for his portfolio.

Best regards.

Jon.

Last edited:
I've just done this carcass day with Jon today and would highly recommend it. Very informative, very hands on and expertly guided through the entire process. Worth very penny, thanks for the opportunity Jon.

Steve.

I've just done this carcass day with Jon today and would highly recommend it. Very informative, very hands on and expertly guided through the entire process. Worth very penny, thanks for the opportunity Jon.

Steve.

Thank you Steve :tiphat:you are very welcome. I enjoyed the morning but I think it's time to invest in electric winches, that bigun was a heavy beggar :D

Well just back home from Jon's day that he put on today and I must say thank you to Jon for putting together a great day with lot of useful hints and tips. Also what a great day for someone like myself who is about to begin my level 2.The day was very hands on and has put me on the right track for my level 2 stalks with all the information and some that I will ever need to safely put carcasses into the food chain with out any worries of not noticing any diseases. Thanks Jon and also nice to meet the other guys who attended

Regards David

Well just back home from Jon's day that he put on today and I must say thank you to Jon for putting together a great day with lot of useful hints and tips. Also what a great day for someone like myself who is about to begin my level 2.The day was very hands on and has put me on the right track for my level 2 stalks with all the information and some that I will ever need to safely put carcasses into the food chain with out any worries of not noticing any diseases. Thanks Jon and also nice to meet the other guys who attended

Regards David

Thanks David, glad you found it useful and it was good to meet you today. I don't know about you but these red deer seem to be getting bigger to me!
Any help or advice you feel you may need please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Thanks again :tiphat: Jon.

well ,a long drive to northumberland to meet jon and do the course.jon could not have been more helpfull or informative.course very well organised and very informative.gives you confidence to tackie these large beast.anyone wishing to stay overnight ? i can say that the accomadation we had was superb .was well worth the wet leg gained while trying to find him at night.once again jon THANK YOU.

Thanks David, glad you found it useful and it was good to meet you today. I don't know about you but these red deer seem to be getting bigger to me!
Any help or advice you feel you may need please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Thanks again :tiphat: Jon.

Yes Jon they were some cracking beasts in great condition. Wil be in touch soon about dates for a stalk.

David

well ,a long drive to northumberland to meet jon and do the course.jon could not have been more helpfull or informative.course very well organised and very informative.gives you confidence to tackie these large beast.anyone wishing to stay overnight ? i can say that the accomadation we had was superb .was well worth the wet leg gained while trying to find him at night.once again jon THANK YOU.

Topgun,

Great that you did the drive and thank you for that.

Come 10.30 pm (very dark here, the night sky was memorable. gods country) the only call on the mobile was to ask " Jon am I on the right track". Still have to say - where did you tell Julie she was coming to for the weekend :) I got the impression Julie could have done the course with a hand tied behind her back.....Please do not tell the boss!! Good to meet you both and not forgetting the dogs coming up afer a shoot day.

Keep in touch.

Best regards.

Jon & Andrea

Look forward to meeting you again, best regards.

Jon & Andrea.

Hello Jon & Andrea, I have looked at the other threads, and Iam unable to see my validictory, that said, thanks for a full day of very interesting stuff, and as usual I learned a lot more about prepping & lardering, what is also interesting is that the lymph glands on Red are that much bigger, an consequently seen more easily for novices like me. I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who is doing their DSC1 & DSC2, the course and knowledge gained is cheap at twice the price, please give me the heads up when you do another, I don't want to miss it, thanks again, realy good to meet other sound members of SD, topgun (John) & Davidm (David) hope to meet you both again

patrickt

Back