Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Thread Protector for my Sauer 202 in .308

  1. #1

    Thread Protector for my Sauer 202 in .308

    Hello All!

    I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction to find a new thread cap for my .308 Sauer 202!? Its driving me mad trying to find one! I bust out the micrometer the other day and I believe the threads are M14, however all the thread caps online seem to be only from the American market and are all oversized and tapped to imperial sizes! Bahhhh! Nightmare!

    I appreciate any advice - below are some images that may help me on my quest.

    Best

    James

    Attachment 20101Attachment 20102

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by danpd View Post
    I have them here on the shelf in 14x1

    Excellent! could you PM me your number and we can sort out a sale? Are they generic thread protectors or blued Sauer ones that you stock?

    Best
    J

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by schaafman View Post
    Excellent! could you PM me your number and we can sort out a sale? Are they generic thread protectors or blued Sauer ones that you stock?

    Best
    J
    Hi,

    They are blacked steel ones, Your thread wasn't cut at the factory so your old one would have been generic anyway.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by danpd View Post
    I have them here on the shelf in 14x1
    Do you have blue'd M15x1mm ones ?
    17mm O/D and a fraction over 10mm long would be perfect.
    The rifle came without one, the seller was supposed to get one for me, several calls, text messages and an e-mail later nothing

    Neil.
    Last edited by Hornet 6; 08-10-2012 at 16:50.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Do you have blue'd M15x1mm ones ?
    17mm O/D and a fraction over 10mm long would be perfect.
    The rifle came without one, the seller was supposed to get one for me, several calls, text messages and an e-mail later nothing

    Neil.
    Hi Neil,

    15x1 Non Spigot?

    Are you sure the portion from the crown to the thread shoulder is only 10mm? it should be between 14.8 and 15mm in length.

    I have spigoted protectors here in 15x1, but i would have to make you a thread protector in 15x1 NS

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by danpd View Post
    Hi Neil,

    15x1 Non Spigot?

    Are you sure the portion from the crown to the thread shoulder is only 10mm? it should be between 14.8 and 15mm in length.

    I have spigoted protectors here in 15x1, but i would have to make you a thread protector in 15x1 NS
    Non spigot, yes it should be longer but isn't, and it's a factory thread.
    Nice thread though, very well formed and true to the bore, even the crown is good.
    I suppose I really should have another pop at the seller, he is supposed to be good to deal with.

    Neil.

  9. #9
    Why bother with thread protectors?

    If you use a mod then surely your poi is set with the mod on so you wouldn't shoot it without the mod?

    If you don't use a mod then get the barrel trimmed back?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by rarms View Post
    Why bother with thread protectors?

    If you use a mod then surely your poi is set with the mod on so you wouldn't shoot it without the mod?

    If you don't use a mod then get the barrel trimmed back?
    So you leave your mod on during transport and storage ?

    Neil.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14-09-2015, 09:09
  2. Wanted Sauer 202 Elegance in .308
    By JasonH in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 07:43
  3. For Sale Sauer 202 Classic XT in .308
    By ytene in forum Firearms
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-11-2011, 13:29
  4. Wanted Where can I get a m14 x 1 thread/crown protector for my sauer 202
    By stalker.308 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-06-2011, 12:13
  5. Wanted Sauer 202 outback magazine 308
    By 308boy in forum Firearms
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-05-2011, 19:39

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •