Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mel Popple - Isle of Arran Stalker & Friend. A message on behalf of the Family

Exclamation Mel Popple - Isle of Arran Stalker & Friend. A message on behalf of the Family

Dear SD Stalkers and Contributors

Today I was given the sad news that Mel had passed away suddenly whilst stalking on the Isle of Arran BASC Scheme.

Sam, Mels wife, called me this afternoon, as Mel and I participated in the Arran Scheme and share some permissions on Exmoor. He was also a good friend of the family and myself.

Mel was, and will always be remembered as an avid stalker and sportsman. He passed his DSC Level 2 last year and had recently completed a contract with the Met Office. His time over the coming weeks, when he left the Met Office last friday week, in a conversation with me, was going to be spent on Arran and then with his wife Sam and daughter Zoe, for a few weeks before looking for another contract.

During Mel’s few days on Arran, we had exchanged texts, Me giving a radar view of the approaching rain storms and letting him know the windows of opportunity in the poor weather, and him texting me a few yards from where Rob (Rab) the Ranger had found him. His parting words in his last text to me were

"Back of F Beat,. At the top of urie looking around. Just wearing a sweater, it's so nice"

I'm there with him now…..

I know that view and others whom have stalked there will do also.

Both Sam and I agreed, that, for Mel this could not have been a better place to leave us. Doing what he loves on such a beautiful island and emotive scenery. Sam also complimented the Rangers, Mountain Rescue and the Police for all the help and support. She also expressed her thanks to BASC.

She asked that those who knew Mel, to raise a glass to him and toast to his memory, the character, fellow stalker and friend.

Griif. COuld you please get intouch with JAYB. He will have my contact details.

Colin Arthurs
    Last edited by arthursc; 08-10-2012 at 19:11.

Colin,

Thank you for your time this evening, and on behalf of all the members of this site and the admin team our heartfelt condolences to Mel's family and to you for the loss of a dear friend.

Please do get in touch with JAYB as I am away again shortly as we would like to send some flowers or a contribution to a collection in Mel's name from the site and its membership.

Rest in peace Mel, god bless, I am sure the stalking will be good where you are now.

Admin team and all the membership of the SD Site.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

My condolences to his wife, his family, you and all others that knew him.

As others have said, at least he passed doing something he loved.

Jim

RIP. My heart felt condolances to his family.

John

May he rest quietly in the high seat in the sky... Thoughts are with his family and friends. I did not know him but I shall certainly raise a glass to a fellow stalker..

Kind regards, Jez.
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

God bless, hopefully his family will take some comfort knowing he passed away whilst doing something he loved.

I didnt know Mel, and i dont drink a great lot but i will raise a glass in his honour this evening. my condolences to you colin and Mels family.

Sending condolences and raising a glass to a fellow stalker, very sad news.

arthur very sorry to hear about your freind mel best wishes to his family and avery sad time for all

Malc.

Thank you for kind words. I have passed these onto Mel's wife and will PM ref arrangements etc. Please pass my details to JAYB.

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Colin,

Thank you for your time this evening, and on behalf of all the members of this site and the admin team our heartfelt condolences to Mel's family and to you for the loss of a dear friend.

Please do get in touch with JAYB as I am away again shortly as we would like to send some flowers or a contribution to a collection in Mel's name from the site and its membership.

Rest in peace Mel, god bless, I am sure the stalking will be good where you are now.

Admin team and all the membership of the SD Site.