West country game

sako85

Has anyone been stalking with Westcountry Game?
I was at Illchester Estate on a NGO/GCT charity clay fun day and remembered they sell commercial stalking and wondered if anyone from here has been?

I know Paul Johnson well, and use him as my local game dealer.

The quality of the stalking he can provide is quite simply - fantastic. :)

His lounge wall is covered in Gold Medal roe heads that he has guided Clients onto. I would say that most Stalkers would suffer 'Jaw Drop' and an urge to say 'Wow' on seeing the collection of mouldings. Certainly, that is the reaction I get on walking in for a coffee!

He also has huge numbers of Fallow to cull in season.

PM me for further any further info.

Rgds Ian

Hi

Ive booked with Paul, for the begining of June - he seems like a really nice bloke, very helpful.

Cheers

Daemon

:D

Paul Johnson
a character in his own right :evil:
can't recommend him anymore as he has let me down to many times in the past due to his com skills
but i would use him again just for myself thou
once you are in his company then he will treat you fairly and look after you,
defo has a shed load of fallow to deal with , and i presume still on the boar

plenty of trophies on his lounge wall and makes a decent coffee ;)

just don't let him sell you a teckel :evil: :evil:
sorry paul , can't resist that one if you are looking in
Daemo
you should hav a good time and see plenty of deer
plus take a camera ;)

sako 85 have not had the pleasure of meeting paul yet
was sorting out some boar shooting and a letter for the
flo for boar
that was two months ago heard nothing since
jurys out

I went to Paul's after wild boar a couple of months ago. I spent 3 nights in a high tower but unfortunately the weather was atrocious so drew a blank.
I am planning to go back again though. Paul is a very knowledgeable and professional stalker and his land is first class. Wild boar are difficult to get so I was expecting the possibility of a second trip. I also plan to go for Roe as well.
Paul was waiting to go in for an operation so that is probably why he has not been in touch for a while.

Hi

I had a phone call with Paul about 6 or 7 weeks ago and settled on dates, and he said he call me back regarding accomodation etc - I didn't hear from him so rang him several times over the weeks, left a couple of messages but heard nothing back.

He eventually left a message on my mobile last Monday (to go down to Dorset on the Thursday).

I didn't hear it until the Wednesday and to be honest with no response to my calls at all i'd made other plans - so no boar for me.

I guess I can second what others have said, a very nice fella but shite at communicating - which in fairness is like most pro stalkers ive met!

Wish I could be as busy out of doors as them.

Cheers

Daemon

Dr Spin said:
I went to Paul's after wild boar a couple of months ago.

does he still hav that night vis monocular
fantastic piece of kit, it was better than the gen2+ and extra illuminator that i was looking through :rolleyes:

sorry to hear you missed out Daemo
but probally for the best
try booking again for the winter with less cover about and the sows are not in young
as you are now in contact you should be able to sort something, could even push for a discount for all the messing about :evil:

Just seen this post by Daemon.

Leaves me a bit annoyed at having gone to the trouble of liasing with stalkers and recommending the bloke, only to have the whole thing fall to pieces due to lack of communication.

Sorry folks, the ground is great and the beasts are there - just wish Paul could figure out how to use an ansaphone.

Rgds Ian

does he still hav that night vis monocular
fantastic piece of kit, it was better than the gen2+ and extra illuminator that i was looking through :rolleyes:

He showed me a Gen 3 he had which acted as a monocular and also could fit on his scope for foxes. When I looked through it - it was like daylight! A bit better than my old Gen 1 stuff.

As I said before he might have been in hospital and now recovering. I would give him a ring again.

The boar

Hi guys

Its no problem not getting the chance at the boar, these things happen and its not as if its cost me anything. I'd like to say again that Paul is a very nice bloke and im sure the mix up was unintentional.

Ive had a good number of nights out foxing lately with the .243, and my Ruger 10/22 has had some action on hare - they make bloody big ones round here too!

Not deer I know, but its put quality food on the table (no not fox!) and improved my fieldcraft and shot placement - and probably more importantly my confidence.

Funnily enough whilst at the range the other week, a cracking roe buck was happily grazing away 250 yards behind us, side on, out in the open, with not a care in the world to the shots ringing out. I was not tempted at all, honest!! :evil:

My time will come, the wait will make that first deer even more memorable.

Daemon

Boar

Hi,

Im based in Nottingham - well, just north of. Lots of shooting for everything around here with the exception of deer! and what deer there are tend to be on private estates.

Cheers

Daemon

I appreciate I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm whether Paul has stalking other than in Dorset? Does he have any ground in Sussex?

Novice

Back