Thread: What Tumbler media would you recommend?

What Tumbler media would you recommend?

Hi,Quick question on behalf of a friend. What is the best media to use for general reloading. Must say i get a mate to do mine and give the necks a buff up with a scouring pad moistened in meths so have no idea what media to use and how long it lasts.

D

I use crushed walnut shell and do the cases on first cleaning for about 8-10 hours, followed by a quick 1-2 hour blast after they have been de primed/chamfered, primer pocket cleaned ect.You will need to check the flash hole (sometimes you get one peice of medi in there, so annoying) and pour the media out of the empty case before charging it, and finally seating it.

+ 1 for walnut shell (buy from pet shops - it is used by strange people to house their pythons and monitor lizards ) but I add some Jewellers Rouge (from fleabay) for extra shininess (read.. bling - probably pointless?)
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

I no longer polish my cases. I used to have a huge tumbler designed for making ceramic glazes but I gave it away. Now I keep my cases clean, I swipe the necks with steel wool, brush the inside of the necks and call it good. There is a difference between clean and polished. I prefer clean.~Muir

Muir I cleaned my cases with wire wool and cordless screwdriver for 12 years,recently got a tumbler because it become hard work doing 80 to 100 after a range day,they do look better after a few hours in tumbler

I'm not saying they don't look spiffy. I'm just saying that clean and dull is fine. But then, I don't fret dragging my rifles over rocks and such, either.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    I cleaned my cases with wire wool and cordless screwdriver for 12 years
    Now that is anal. There can't have been much left after a few weeks?

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I no longer polish my cases. I used to have a huge tumbler designed for making ceramic glazes but I gave it away. Now I keep my cases clean, I swipe the necks with steel wool, brush the inside of the necks and call it good. There is a difference between clean and polished. I prefer clean.~Muir
    +1 clean necks in and out then ready to go.
    Your a long time dead, enjoy every day like it's your last!!!