Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC news website - Golden Eagle found shot

BBC news website - Golden Eagle found shot

Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

What's wrong with some people. Such a shame, at least it was found in time.

Beggers Belief
    Lets hope the the person/persons involved are caught and punished but I won't hold my breath maybe the police already know but its a hard one to prove sadly
    shame they cannot revolk thier SGC/FAC under the law of probability
    not good news for the shooting community.

PJ.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    shame they cannot revolk thier SGC/FAC under the law of probability
    PJ.
    Because that's a great suggestion ain't it...... how many times have we heard of a person wrongly accused? somebody with a axe to grind against a neighbor? etc etc
    Now I'm not condoning what they done here, personally I think they should be in prison for it. But if you start that were do we stop??? do we put them in prison because we think the done something???

IF indeed this bird was shot, it is really appalling.

Once again the shooting fraternity finds itself on the backfoot.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    Beggers BeliefLets hope the the person/persons involved are caught and punished but I won't hold my breath maybe the police already know but its a hard one to prove sadlyshame they cannot revolk thier SGC/FAC under the law of probabilitynot good news for the shooting community.PJ.
    If that was the burden off proof, I would have lost my SGC nearly 30 years ago. I won't go into details, but a well-respected member of the community made an accusation against me. The police arrived to confiscate my SGC, but realised that there was more to the matter than they had initially been led to believe. My accuser was subsequently convicted of assault (for a different case several years later), amongst various other 'issues' that were subject to formal investigation. It is the only time in my life that I have been accused of committing a criminal act, and I cannot fault the way that the police dealt with the matter, but it could very easily have ended my invovement in a sport that I love.
    Last edited by Moonraker68; 09-10-2012 at 14:31.

Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    Because that's a great suggestion ain't it...... how many times have we heard of a person wrongly accused? somebody with a axe to grind against a neighbor? etc etc
    Now I'm not condoning what they done here, personally I think they should be in prison for it. But if you start that were do we stop??? do we put them in prison because we think the done something???
    i
    you need to edit some of your wording as makes no sense.
    neighbours with grudges etc hardly ever get any further than police enquires and as for any action taken are minute compared to the numbers of SGC/FAC holders
    but maybe you believe all the hype that is posted on the web with no factual proof what so ever.
    Those that act illegally are the only ones who have to be concerned
    As for was it shot lets hope a proper examination was performed before they stated that fact.

PJ.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Totally abhorrent if it was intentional.
    I suppose it could have been accidental – an eagle predating a pheasant/partridge during a shoot? Strange things can happen – on a driven partridge day I saw a partridge fly into a telephone wire and drop straight to the ground, so not beyond the realms of possibility that it was an accident.
    We also assume that SGC and FAC holders are beyond reproach, unfortunately there are still rogues around who may bring the sport into disrepute.

A terrible thing to happen to such a magnificent bird. However with tail and wing feather damage had it been a shotgun that caused the damage I would have expected leg and body injuries as has been said it is not beyond the realms of possibility it was an accident. Easy to lay the blame on shooting. Lets hope the bird makes a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by thistledeyke View Post
    A terrible thing to happen to such a magnificent bird. However with tail and wing feather damage had it been a shotgun that caused the damage I would have expected leg and body injuries as has been said it is not beyond the realms of possibility it was an accident. Easy to lay the blame on shooting. Lets hope the bird makes a full recovery.
    My thoughts exactly I'd have even thought an odd pellet or two would have been recovered had it been shot. Some people too quick to make assumptions although results already achieved in most quarters I think.