SGC application

Casey1875

Hi all,
I submitted my first sgc 8 weeks ago and as of yet haven't heard a thing from them. It was submitted to Lothian and Borders and the cheque has been cashed (3 days after it was handed in). Is this normal or should I get in touch with them? Don't want to be a pain in the arse to them!
Cheers
Casey

I applied for my FAC six weeks ago and the only thing I've heard is that they do indeed have my application, after I asked them to confirm this. Still, the Met claim to process applications within 8 weeks, so I'll hold off for another fortnight. Good luck with yours!

Thanks for the replies, just getting a bit worried as I thought they would have been in touch at some point soon after they got it. Good luck with yours too Pine Martin let's hope we don't have to wait much longer!

hi casey1875 , i put my FAC & shotgun forms in on the 10th august. like you i was getting fed up waiting so called the licensing dept and got the phone number for the FEO. he's coming to see me on the 23rd of this month. phone the licensing dept and get the number of the FEO thats dealing with your application mate

the cheques are cashed straight away, id give it a month and call them to see how its going

It took 12 weeks for Staffs Police to sort mine which meant I had no certificates for 8 weeks. Spoke to them and they had no problem with it providing I told them if I took any firearms out of the County.

It took 12 weeks for Staffs Police to sort mine which meant I had no certificates for 8 weeks. Spoke to them and they had no problem with it providing I told them if I took any firearms out of the County.

That doesn't sound like an official policy! :)

How did you're interview go? What sort of question did they ask? I have mine on Monday morning, hoping it won't take too long from then for it to come through. Did they mention any sort of time scale as I would imagine we may be with the same guy.
Cheers

Hi Casey1875 , sorry mate i've just noticed your post. My interview went really mate. Spent most of the time talking about the FAC stuff covering rifles.
How did your interview go ??
Cheers

Back