Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: closed/open condition

closed/open condition

Ok,a simple question requiring a simple answer........how long was your FAC conditioned "closed" before opening,was it just opened on renewal after 5 years or sooner,if so how soon?.........answers below please.....

Mine was opened for 243 once I joined a syndicate giving me permission to shoot deer accompanied by a letter from the syndicate person stating I had shot with him and he considered me a safe shot. Before that it was for target shooting only.

Cheers

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jimboblincs2 View Post
    Mine was opened for 243 once I joined a syndicate giving me permission to shoot deer accompanied by a letter from the syndicate person stating I had shot with him and he considered me a safe shot. Before that it was for target shooting only.

Cheers

Jim

Thanks Jim,how long were you "closed" for?

I was closed for about 5 months after the addition of deer calibre... but when I moved from Herts to Cambs my cert was fully opened (no mentor/ "over land which the holder has lawful authority to shoot"/ "any lawful quarry")

(Not sure whether it comes into it, but I'd had my FAC for 15 odd years before adding deer calibre)

mine was closed when i got it but i had it opened once id asked after about 6 months i think. however the guy who should originally have been dealing with my application but was off due to illness did say it shouldve come open from the start as it was for deer stalking.

Rifles held for vermin and small deer, opened after 3 years.

Neil.

Mine was opened after 2 years, but they didn't want to open it till my first renewal. I had a mentoring condition placed when i got my first .243 then shortly after i finished that, i took my DSC1. After passing that i asked for it to be opened, they refused at first, but relented after i complained.

6 months closed for .243 and .22 then opened up totally for them and later .308.

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Ok,a simple question requiring a simple answer........how long was your FAC conditioned "closed" before opening,was it just opened on renewal after 5 years or sooner,if so how soon?.........answers below please.....
    I got mine open before 2 years i wrote to them and sent my ticket back to have a variation put on told them i got both level 1/2 i that i go to stalking ground in scotland at least once a month more if possible
    ticket came back all guns open also with extra quarrey ec DJC

r/fs opened after 18months c/fs after 3 years