Sako 17 HMR scope mounts

torrium

Hi im hoping some can advise me on the options i may have on mounting a Leopold VX3 4.5 > 14 x 50mm scope onto a Sako 17 HMR.
Have just brought the rifle new and no one can advise me on best mount options which is a bit frustratting.

Im wanting good quality mount and may consider QR if it may be an option.

Any feed back would be apprieciated.

Cheers

Jack

Hi im hoping some can advise me on the options i may have on mounting a Leopold VX3 4.5 > 14 x 50mm scope onto a Sako 17 HMR.
Have just brought the rifle new and no one can advise me on best mount options which is a bit frustratting.

Im wanting good quality mount and may consider QR if it may be an option.

Any feed back would be apprieciated.

Cheers

Jack

Are you planning on switching scopes frequently? Or using iron sights? If not, then why worry about QR rings? My custom Ruger 77/17 has standard Ruger rings on board. No problems 7 years. Any good ring will do in my opinion.~Muir

lots of options depending on need for QR/refit and zero

I have 4 barrels for my Quad (I assume it is what you have) so needed a absolute zero with scope change

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co....11mm-(Sako-Quad-etc)?highlight=sako+quad+9-11

no cheap but does the job very well!

You can get Leupold QR cam locked rings in 9-11mm which apparently work well but I am not convinced they are as good as a well designed QR system.
Also some rail systems that are available which allow use of more commonly available weaver QR mounts

Bewsher500,
I found a very neat picatinny rail converter specifically for my Quad, on the following link:

http://www.diproductsinc.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=112026&CAT=3601

I wanted to use Optilock rings and also wanted a quick change scope depending on whether I was hunting with my .17HMR or short-range target shooting with my .22LR.
It makes a really neat solution, one problem is that DI Products don't export to the UK, I had a friend buy them in California who then posted them to me when she came back to the UK.
I also bought the aluminium trigger guard.

View attachment 20152

dont I know it!
I bought some DIP products and had them shipped to Canada where I was on holiday and that was bad enough!

very well made bolt and bottom metal for the Quad

I am not a fan of Picatinny, but yours does look good.

What is the zero holding capability like?

i am using bkl double straps on my hm2 quad,as well as my other rifles as does my m8,no hassle with them:cool:

Back