Wanted: Maybe a longshot, newbie needs witnessing of stalking/gralloching please P'Boro area

stratts

Hi guys,
This may be a long shot but there's no harm in trying and sorry for a fairly long post, but I want to make it clear I am no idiot and am not after a shooting permission!! :D

I'm new to stalking and am looking for guidance around the Peterborough area in stalking, but mainly hands on gralloching of muntjac/CWD as I only have 22-250 on ticket at the moment. In time I aim to progress to a larger calibre and take my DSC 1.

It's looking good in the near future that i'll be granted the opportunity to stalk on a current pest control permission of approx 285 acres but I need hands on experience of gralloching mainly. I have been open and honest with the land owner, in that I need more experience stalking before I actually take my 1st deer which he is happy with and I am able to use the land to hone my stalking skills before shooting one.

I have a few years experience mainly shooting rabbits and am a grounded, easy going sensible family man. I have been out once with Jason (Muntjacstalker) who I would hope would vouch for the fact that I'm not a mug via PM if required, and here's a link to the write up I did of the stalk My free stalk with Jason - aka Muntjacstalker

I'll be honest and say at this moment I cannot offer any stalking/shooting in return but eventually I would not see a problem with joining me on my stalking permission in the future.

Thanks for reading and hopefully there may be someone who could help me out,

Cheers

Stratts

Hi, we can offer just this sort of thing at Holkham which is about an hours drive from Peterborough. I do training sessions in the larder using park culled deer and we have a sizeable amount of wild deer stalking which is predominantly muntjac.
Obviously, we are running a commercial concern so are not able to do swaps for stalking etc but our rates are reasonable and I would be confident that you would have a good experience here. Prices are in the 'stalking available' section.
If I can be of any help just give me a call on 07825 972249 or email game @ holkham.co.uk
Best wishes,
Glyn.

Thanks Glyn I've looked through and noticed you guys before but I'll be honest I don't have the spare cash to pay out at the moment,

Cheers

No problem, if ever you are in the area give me a call and we'll have a look around the park and a brew.
Best wishes,
Glyn.

Appreciate that mate thanks just had another look through and for some reason I thought your place was more expensive than it is?!

Be good to have a cull day with you and some time in the larder even if I don't shoot owt.

I'd best write Santa a nice letter this year and be good until Xmas!! :D

Stratts, Jim here, hows that old Vitara I sold you? If you are willing to travel don to mine I will take you out and can shoot a Muntjac or a Roe. I have a 6.5x55 so can use that on the range, get some experience of a bigger calibre, I have done my DSC1 and all that. PM me if you are up for it.
James.

Stratts! So we have gone down the same road again!

I took my DSC1 a week ago and am just awaiting the result. Once it lands I will be applying for .308 and joining a syndicate up in Scotland. The DSC1 isnt going to give you hands on experience in grollaching and such, but I would certainly recommend it as soon as funds allow. I took mine with David Stretton in Donnington. He is a very knowlegable guy and I learnt a hell of a lot in a short time.

I would offer to take you up to scotland but with it being syndicate, no guests allowed. I am curretly working on some permission closer to home and ill keep you posted if I can pull something off (so to speak).

For anyone who can help Stratts out, I can vouch for him as we share a common permission and know him to be a sensible and trustworthy shooter.

All the best mate and keep us posted how you get on!

Blimey what a great response in 1 day!!

Stratts, Jim here, hows that old Vitara I sold you? If you are willing to travel don to mine I will take you out and can shoot a Muntjac or a Roe. I have a 6.5x55 so can use that on the range, get some experience of a bigger calibre, I have done my DSC1 and all that. PM me if you are up for it.
James.

The mulewas doing great until about 2hrs ago funnily enough mate I think the clutch has just burnt out, lol!! He might be getting stripped and scrapped if a clutch is too expensive!! I don't mind travelling at all mate thanks for the offer, I should be able to tie it in with a job one day coz we got a bit on down near you. How often and what times do you go out?

Stratts! So we have gone down the same road again!

I took my DSC1 a week ago and am just awaiting the result. Once it lands I will be applying for .308 and joining a syndicate up in Scotland. The DSC1 isnt going to give you hands on experience in grollaching and such, but I would certainly recommend it as soon as funds allow. I took mine with David Stretton in Donnington. He is a very knowlegable guy and I learnt a hell of a lot in a short time.

I would offer to take you up to scotland but with it being syndicate, no guests allowed. I am curretly working on some permission closer to home and ill keep you posted if I can pull something off (so to speak).

For anyone who can help Stratts out, I can vouch for him as we share a common permission and know him to be a sensible and trustworthy shooter.

All the best mate and keep us posted how you get on!

Cheers mate well done on the DSC1 it seems we are progressing along a similar path!! You been over to see Rich lately? Will have to hook up for a day on the pidges when they start hitting his rape!

Hi m8 I would love to give you a helping hand in what you want give me a call07816046187. And we can have a chat

Trevor

Smashing Trevor thank you any time better that suits you to call?

Stratts

Back