Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Balancing rifle in sling

Balancing rifle in sling

With a stainless mod (northstar) and 12-25 bipod (ie a biggish one), my rifle constantly wants to slip round on my shoulder when carried barrel up (unless I steady the stock with my right hand... pain in the *rse). Trouble is, I can't carry barrel down as much of my stalking ground has long rushes and heavy undergrowth. Without buying a whole load of different slings to try... anyone got a simple solution?
    Admitted the bipod could probably go but, then I never know when I might need it - it's also useful for putting the rifle down.

I use Knobloch sythetic slings which are neoprene lined and don't slip for me.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Try a lightweight titanium moderator and a detachable bipod..............

Quote Originally Posted by long_range_rob View Post
    I use Knobloch sythetic slings which are neoprene lined and don't slip for me.
    Thanks Rob, you don't happen to have a link to such things? Can't seem to find mention via google?

Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    Try a lightweight titanium moderator and a detachable bipod..............
    Nice idea but money tight and would rather find an option with what I have already.

Carry the rifle in front of your shoulder. Loop a cord through your belt and allow the rifle to droop forward. You then hook the loop over the hand grip such that the tension stops everything going forward. Fine tune to fit. Just grab the grip , move forward and your loop releases.

Alternative is to use a sling that holds the rife across your chest.

Bottom line is your carrying too much weight.......and maybe the rifle is as well

Stan

Sorry I can't find it on their website either. Andersons of East Grinstead stock them and Phil, John or any of the others there are really helpful and ship same day usually.

Knobloch-Hunting.eu - Hunting accessories and ladderstands

This is Knobloch's website anyway.

This is a link to the sort of thing I use.

Jagersport
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

http://myhuntingshop.com/niggeloh-ri...ack-sling.htmlGet a niggeloh back pack type sling that's what I use solves all the problems I used to have best thing I have ever brought

I have a similar problem. I have found an answer of sorts. I use a long sling and loop the sling round the comb so that when I am carrying the rifle, the sling in effect attaches at the bottom just below the bolt. The sling is still attached at the std point near the toe of the stock. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    I have a similar problem. I have found an answer of sorts. I use a long sling and loop the sling round the comb so that when I am carrying the rifle, the sling in effect attaches at the bottom just below the bolt. The sling is still attached at the std point near the toe of the stock. Regards JCS
    Sounds like a great idea JCS - will try, thanks. Cheers for the other options folks