Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAC Renewal

FAC Renewal

I was a bit naughty recently as, due to some family issues, I didn't get my renewal form in with the 8 weeks notice Surrey asked for. I eventually got it in four weeks before the renewal date.

However my FEO came round and ran through the form and the checks and the new FAC, now open on all four calibres, with all the changes I requested to ammo holdings and quarry listings, arrived this morning. I am well chuffed.

I can only say that, even though we have had some 'frank exchange of views' in the past, Surrey have always been top notch as far as speed. Also my FEO is a boon, he will always advise on what I will (or will not) get away with.
    .308, because if I want to watch something run away, I'll take my dog for a walk.

My renewal took just 6 days from West Mercia, they now say they are totally up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Munty_Hunter View Post
    My renewal took just 6 days from West Mercia, they now say they are totally up to date.
    Really? I've have been puting off doing a variation as my last renewal took 8 months!! If this true I will get some forms!!

ATB

Tom

Yes get it in they are up to speed now, which is a relief.

Yes get it in they are up to speed now, which is a relief.

I think they have gone from bottom of the pile. To one of the best forces in the country for speed and service now.
    I just hope they stay onto of things tim.

Angry

Glad for you Munty,thats more than i can say for Gwent Police i sent mine in Last July i had a visit last friday and my permits run out next monday and i still have not had it back,, now that's efficiency for you Not,,

If West Mercia can be turned around from one of the biggest backlogs to no backlog in such a short time with guidance from BASC, then there must be something fundamentally wrong with the way firearms licensing is administered nationally, it almost gives the impression that it is being done this way on purpose.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    If West Mercia can be turned around from one of the biggest backlogs to no backlog in such a short time with guidance from BASC, then there must be something fundamentally wrong with the way firearms licensing is administered nationally, it almost gives the impression that it is being done this way on purpose.

Ian.
    i was told by the Fao that clerks purposly shuffle the pile and take the easy ones first, i spoke to a lady yesterday explaining the situation and she said it does not matter that i sent my fac in in july and that it runs out on monday they would not look at it until it came to the top of the pile again,the thing is i need it to send copies to the RSPB before the culling season starts 01/11/12.
    in my opponion the way the firearms licensing is run in this country is a shambles and as you say it does give the impression that they try to make it as difficult as possible for you, even though i have held a certificate since 1998, i was assured that the clerk recieved it yesterday so it will be interesting to see when i get it in the post,,,wait out lol

Quote Originally Posted by viking850 View Post
    Glad for you Munty,thats more than i can say for Gwent Police i sent mine in Last July i had a visit last friday and my permits run out next monday and i still have not had it back,, now that's efficiency for you Not,,
    I hope you are wrong but i doubt it just put mine in for renewal.

Good Luck Paul T hope you have more luck than I did ,,, I'm Still waiting, they have staffing problems in Cwmbran

viking