Thread: Rocking Horse Poo..

Rocking Horse Poo..

..ok. Not really but just thought I'd ask before I buy a puppy.

I would like one of the small type (not feckin small pony sized) black lab bitch (spayed ok), pedigree & hip / eye scored etc, minimum house trained up to part trained (to include been over guns) up to 15 / 18 months old and not silly money - otherwise I will just buy a puppy?

Wanting it to live out (unless sub -zero?) but not be an embarrassment when inside.

Great shooting / country home offered & when not working will be better cared for than I am (if it can cook as well, all the better).

Maybe (just maybe) through a change of circumstance (or whatever) there might be a genuine lab available that someone might know about?

Glass half full..

Thanks.
    Last edited by Eyefor; 11-10-2012 at 08:39.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

didnt you find some fully traind pups for 400/600, i am surprised you never nabbed one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    ..ok. Not really but just thought I'd ask before I buy a puppy.

I would like one of the small type (not feckin small pony sized) black lab bitch (spayed ok), pedigree & hip / eye scored etc, minimum house trained up to part trained (to include been over guns) up to 15 / 18 months old and not silly money - otherwise I will just buy a puppy?

Wanting it to live out (unless sub -zero?) but not be an embarrassment when inside.

Great shooting / country home offered & when not working will be better cared for than I am (if it can cook as well, all the better).

Maybe (just maybe) through a change of circumstance (or whatever) there might be a genuine lab available that someone might know about?

Glass half full..

Thanks.
    I think in the title hit the nail on the head... But good luck, I'm sure if you keep an eye out there will be one about. You maybe best to look at or speak with the people involoved heavily trials and you may get lucky and pick up a good dog who is turning out not to have the potential of a trial champion but still has all the good underpinnings and fondation... A lot of these handlers can shift dogs on quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by bignoel View Post
    didnt you find some fully traind pups for 400/600, i am surprised you never nabbed one ?
    Read your PM's again Noel.

One was 600, part trained - and in Scotland ( here http://www.ukgundogs.org/component/o...me,1349707380/ ) so (obviously) had been under a gun - which yours, at 16 months, had not so i could have ended up with a gun shy pet?

The other (Bandit on here?), at 400 is a dog (not a bitch) and, from the pictures I received, looked a very big dog. Not want I want either.

I'm genuinely please you got Meg sorted.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by aliS View Post
    I think in the title hit the nail on the head... But good luck, I'm sure if you keep an eye out there will be one about. You maybe best to look at or speak with the people involoved heavily trials and you may get lucky and pick up a good dog who is turning out not to have the potential of a trial champion but still has all the good underpinnings and fondation... A lot of these handlers can shift dogs on quickly...
    I missed exactly that locally (here http://www.breezybrookgundogs.co.uk/?p=p_8&sName=home ) two weeks ago which was 7 months old for around 300 so I'm still looking but, ever the optimist, I thought it was worth a tongue-in-cheek punt on here.

Upside is I'm not in any hurry and will wait for the right opportunity.

Thanks.

that 600 pound dog was born in april ? breeding isnt your thing then, you are better of buying a pup and starting from scatch , i dont need to read my pm's i dont need a baikal 410 hushpower when i have a mossberg thanks for the offer and yes meg has gone onto a good working home atb noel