Muntjac Doe and Fawn

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Was watching this muntjac doe for a short while and was just contemplating sliding off the safety catch when she was joined by a follower so I decided to film them instead.

Yes, I know this fawn was most likely weaned and I might have been ok shooting the doe but winter is approaching and well, I chose not to, ok? :D

http://youtu.be/JwcMguzoxRM

It's most unusual not to see them jumping around like jack rabbits and in the open long enough to have given you a shot too !!

It would have looked pretty wimpy hanging in the larder next to your hoofing gurt fallow buck last night though wouldn't it Eddy! :lol:

It would have looked pretty wimpy hanging in the larder next to your hoofing gurt fallow buck last night though wouldn't it Eddy! :lol:
Quite true, but at least I could have managed to hang it on my own !
I think I'll aim for the little ones in future then I won't have to call in the cavalry for help !

Fantastic footage and just the same as I would of done to be honest,I rarely shoot Does as I am trying to build up the population on a couple of my permissions.Here is a video i shot a little while ago,I just love watching Deer in general but Muntjac are a personal favourite of mine and seem to get an awful lot of bad press by people that are maybe misinformed believing that they will push Roe off of an area.

Nice footage Alex and a good choice to leave her. They look bigger than the sika you shot in Scotland a couple of weeks ago!! :D

Atb
Cal

Back