How long is too long?

Peter Eaton

Someone I know has applied to the Met. for an FAC, that was in May.The Met still has not sent the FAC, so far the excuses have been the Olympics as apparently they had a huge stack of FACs to do for competitors? The change of computer systems for the new national firearms register, the doctor delayed their response and finally a mentor is needed. Well that was sorted weeks ago as I am the mentor.....still no movement. Is this normal for the met or can anyone beat this service? I should add they cashed the cheque ages ago!

Ask for the cheque back. :stir: That would be a spanner in the works. Keep the phone calls going and try to hold them to a time scale. Your at their mercy really

I have to admit, if it were me I would be doing as you say, but thats because as an FAC holder it is alot easier to put some pressure on, but it is not that easy for a non FAC holder as they are normally scared they will be refused if they kick up a stink...

Maybe we should view cashing the cheque as a good thing, but I dont think they should cash it before producing the goods

Holy crap!!!....it gets worse.....you want to move to Dorset, my variations have taken a few days and just under two weeks when I have done mine. Maybe a name and shame league table should be in order.... or should I say a good service league table as only those who give dire service to the paying public would be shamed.

Holy crap!!!....it gets worse.....you want to move to Dorset, my variations have taken a few days and just under two weeks when I have done mine. Maybe a name and shame league table should be in order.... or should I say a good service league table as only those who give dire service to the paying public would be shamed.

I think what we need is an olde style Top of the Pops type backing track to a count-down list of the Top Ten excuses as to why the paperwork has not been done!!

This week, at Ten - "The typist is off with a cold
Following on at Nine "The FLO has retired"
New in at Eight "We're waiting for the land check"
Down three at Seven "Can you provide a/another couple more letter(s) giving your reasons for this request"
Up Four at Six "Are you in our force area" (sad to say, this one HAS happened - recently - they could not find me on the system!!)
etc. etc.

Oh to have a SGC type piece of paper for a FAC instead of the one we have now!
Only delays US the shooter, adds to the Police workload & accomplishes very little

Ho hum...

Back