Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladder sections for High seats

Ladder sections for High seats

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0482.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	270.4 KB 
ID:	20210

These ladders are u/s according to the strict health and safety regs but will be more than up to the job for a High seat project.

Two ladder sections (on left) measuring just under 4.5 meters each. 10 per section.

Step ladders measuring 3.5meters. The rear support is u/s but the ladder part is fine. 10

That's what I acquired to for my high seats, good old H&S its amazing what we can't use because of the EU.... and then you travel abroad.....

Good old Health & Safety saving people from working under unsafe and dangerous conditions and forcing employers to adopt safe working practice.

Are highseats exempt from this? if someone climbs one and has an accident even if they are not authorised to use it crazy I know but think there have been claims against individuals.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

Wish i was nearer you can throw a seat up in minutes.

Deer on the plough show just how effective an aluminum ladder can be lol

I use scaffolding ladders off site, one little ding and there condemed, very strong and being steel you can just weld them up to seat frames

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    strap a polypropylene school chair to the ladder then the whole thing to a tree,

job done.

ps:drill some holes in the chair base so the water runs away,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    Good old Health & Safety saving people from working under unsafe and dangerous conditions and forcing employers to adopt safe working practice.

Are highseats exempt from this? if someone climbs one and has an accident even if they are not authorised to use it crazy I know but think there have been claims against individuals.
    There not exempt but it depends on whether you are using the high seat for a business or for your own recreation. If its the latter then as far as i understand you can make all manner of dangerous constructions so long as you put a sign on it saying it is not for unauthorized use.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    strap a polypropylene school chair to the ladder then the whole thing to a tree,

job done.

ps:drill some holes in the chair base so the water runs away,

bob.

I might have a few of these seats if there is any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    There not exempt but it depends on whether you are using the high seat for a business or for your own recreation. If its the latter then as far as i understand you can make all manner of dangerous constructions so long as you put a sign on it saying it is not for unauthorized use.
    Unfortunately not quite right. You have to take reasonable precautions to prevent un-authorised access. There have been a few building sites fined because kids got past the signed hoarding and accessed scaffolding/ unsafe areas. Signage is not, in itself, necessarily sufficient, which is one of the reasons why you see more scaffoldings with alarms on them these days.

Worst case scenario is a kid climbing up and hurting themselves. The fact that you knowingly used a U/S ladder would count heavily against you.
    .308, because if I want to watch something run away, I'll take my dog for a walk.

I would like the two 4.5m sections on the left please.