Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just invested in these sticks anybody got some ???

just invested in these sticks anybody got some ???

BushWear: Primos Trigger Stick Tall Bipod

these are the shooting sticks ive just ordered off the internet, is anybody using them if so any good ???

ATB

Dave

I had a look at those, but they don't seem to collapse to a short enough length to easily take kneeling or sitting shots. I may have that wrong though.

I'll let you know what there like

I have the tripod and I really like them. The tripod gives you a really steady firing position. It is easy to adjust them while in the firing position and the legs all act independently for height, so great on uneven ground. I had a cheap tripod before but you had to untighten each leg and adjust the height by guess work, which is not idle when you have a limited window of opportunity. The only downside is that as Pine Marten says they dont collapse short enough to take a shot while sitting down, but they do go short eough for a kneeling shot.

Hope you find them to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    I had a look at those, but they don't seem to collapse to a short enough length to easily take kneeling or sitting shots. I may have that wrong though.
    You are quite right... I bought some and then sent them back.. only any good for standing shots unless you buy the shorter version which are great for kneeling/sitting but then too short for standing..

Great product and idea but with a MASSIVE flaw... Even my quad-pod will open up enough to use kneeling or sitting.. not the most elegant solution but it works!

If you do a search using "primos" you will get loads of info on these.
    I use them and like them, you've not made a bad buy.

fraser

I borrowed a set of these of a mate....Remember `Never a lender or a borrower be`....They were brand new ish...Dont ask me how but the 2nd time I used them, one of the legs became detatched at the top where the leg Is held In by 2 screws...He rang bushwear and they sent him another leg, he reattatched the new leg and another leg packed up! as In It would not drop down when the trigger was pulled, they said they would send him another leg, I havent seen him since for an update, though he did say If anything else goes wrong that they would be going back....Based on this, I cant see them going strong In 10 years time, like a pair of trusty old hazel sticks...You did ask...Best of luck, those I used may have been a friday afternoon set!

I have the tri pod version and cant fault it. As said good for standing and kneeling shots but dont go short enough for sitting. When im stalking im standing so dont have to worry about sitting down and if i want to get low i go onto the harris if the shot allows. You shouldnt have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    If you do a search using "primos" you will get loads of info on these.
    I use them and like them, you've not made a bad buy.

fraser
    Yep, as above, they are a good stick, put some o-rings around the legs to stop any clanking. I find it best to have them already extended so that you only need to make minor adjustments when in the shooting position. They really are great when using them on uneven ground. One tip would be to be careful with the bit on the top, if you don't check it regularly you may find it can come loose (that is not a design fault - it is meant to come off if you want to attach a camera or camcorder etc.), so check it like you would your sling swivels!
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest

ta for replies lads