Thread: Anyone out today?

Anyone out today?

Just wondering if anyone was on the hill today.

I was out looking at felling coupes and managed to identify wet boggy ground from the truck [thanks Beauly - Denny Line acces track], it was a pretty hellish day here with all the burns and rivers running high, impossible to cross without a bridge. Did see one stag holding 5 hinds but pretty drookit! Just wondering if anyone had success?

Out in the morning, hopefully a dry start to the day.

left the argo at 11 after sitting looking at mist and rain for an hour and half, got into a stag 2 hours later at about 70 yards, lying looking pretty knackered. Roared, whistled, shouted, waved my hand, eventually after about 20 mins he stood up and had a shake, guest took aim and missed!lol cold, wet, numb fingers so rifle in the slip and away home, left the poor buggers alone.

Quote Originally Posted by tweedbreeks View Post
    left the argo at 11 after sitting looking at mist and rain for an hour and half, got into a stag 2 hours later at about 70 yards, lying looking pretty knackered. Roared, whistled, shouted, waved my hand, eventually after about 20 mins he stood up and had a shake, guest took aim and missed!lol cold, wet, numb fingers so rifle in the slip and away home, left the poor buggers alone.
    Looking out of the truck window, I imagined that many would be having the type of day you had

Was supposed to be heading out tomorrow morning, but looking at that weather........ I might not be that keen a 6am!!!!

out today got one 10 pointer soaked to the skin and bogged the argo of the hill at 830pm

Quote Originally Posted by mack8317 View Post
    out today got one 10 pointer soaked to the skin and bogged the argo of the hill at 830pm
    Oh no !

been ther done it, not fun!

too foggy this morning
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox