Thread: Firearms at auction

Firearms at auction

For those who have bought firearms at auction (Holts and the like), Will firearms licensing allow for one (or more) firearms to be purchased within a bracket of calibers to allow you some flexibility at the auction?

I wouldn't think so. You would have to get the variation on your ticket prior to the auction to be in the running.

SD Regular
    ....or get a friendly RFD to bid on your behalf....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Or bid, buy it and get it shipped to a local RFD to hold till you get the variation through.

Quote Originally Posted by rarms View Post
    Or bid, buy it and get it shipped to a local RFD to hold till you get the variation through.

That's the usual method unless you know of a specific gun/calibre being offered and get your variation in before the auction.

I have bought a couple of rifles from holts. And bought one before I'd even got it on my ticket. Had no problems with Leicester police.
    But one word of warning do not get the auction house ship the gun to an RFD. They will charge a fortune. Get the RFD to do a reverse pick up it's half the price.
    Cheers Andrew