Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blaser 'Spares' Question

Blaser 'Spares' Question

I have a Blaser R93 with more than one barrel. I am thinking of buying the 'Spares' to make it into two rifles.
    Has anybody done this and what did it involve ?
    The way I see it is that as the 'Spares' are not pressure bearing and not serial numbered, I should be able to go ahead and buy them without the hassle of going through the FC system.
    Am I correct or am I living in cloud cuckoo land.

EMcC,

I did this with my Mauser MO3.
    Your "barrel" is actually filling a slot so it's the same as a rifle.
    Your RFD will have no problem supplying the rest and neither of you have to inform FLO.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    EMcC,I did this with my Mauser MO3.Your "barrel" is actually filling a slot so it's the same as a rifle.Your RFD will have no problem supplying the rest and neither of you have to inform FLO.Stan
    I did discuss this with my RFD who has the 'Spares' I would need, but he is of the opinion that I need to get my FC amended from one rifle with spare barrel to two rifles.
    I disagreed with him because of the barrels being the serial numbered items only and there being no need to enter the purchase of the 'Spare' items on my FC.
    As it's the week-end I thought I'd swing it by the site to see what other members thought.
    Last edited by EMcC; 14-10-2012 at 11:15.

I have really no idea, all I can say is I have a European client he has two barrels for his Blaser they get listed on his Visitors Firearm Permit as if it was to seperate rifles.

Blaser calibre seriel no.
    Blaser calibre serial no.

Ive done this in wiltshire, just get free varation to change wording on ticket, wilts treat barrell as a rifle and vice versa. Tvp are a bit more anal about it and didnt understand the whole modular thing.

Extra barrels for modular firearms such as the Blaser count as a separate firearm and need the appropriate variation. atb Tim

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    What I was told was that the spares that need to be on your ticket are those that are pressure-bearing, i.e. the barrel (obviously) and the bolt/bolt head (even though this is not listed separately on the ticket).

The stock, magazine and (of course) saddlemount do not.

I have my .308 and .243 listed as separate rifles.

willie_gunn
    Last edited by willie_gunn; 14-10-2012 at 13:20.
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Oh well, soon be Monday and I'll give Wilts Firearms Dept a ring or maybe swing by to discuss.
    Tim, I already have the extra barrel listed on my FC as just a barrell, not a firearm.
    It may be classed as a Firearm already by Wilts FD so it may be just a matter of having a few words added or just amended on my FC, tomorrow will tell.

Makes no difference what they put on your FAC as if "it's a barrel" or if it's a "rifle".

It fills a slot for a rifle, ergo 'tis a rifle.

You try and get a slot for a barrel (not something you find on any paperwork) for any calibre.

The system doesn't currently discriminate between selfish one barrel rifles and multi barrel rifles

It's the slots that matter....

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Makes no difference what they put on your FAC as if "it's a barrel" or if it's a "rifle".

It fills a slot for a rifle, ergo 'tis a rifle.

It's the slots that matter....

Stan
    Sorry, got to disagree. He has permission to have an extra barrel. He does not have permission to have an extra action, bolt or any other major component/pressure bearing part of the rifle.

A 'slot' does not have to be a rifle, if it says barrel, it means barrel. If it meant rifle, it would say rifle.