Thread: rifle cabinet

rifle cabinet

I have just put in for my FAC and am looking for a suitable cabinet, can anyone recommend a suitable cabinet for two guns, I have searched the web but am not sure what the minimum internal dimensions need to be, I know from my shotgun cabinets that manufacturers claims for adequate size for a number of guns is a bit optimistic so welcome any advice.

Cheers,

Martin

Same advice as shotguns, get the largest you can afford, if you're looking at 2 guns get at least a 4 or 6

The Buffalo River Silver series are decent, I have a 10 gun, fully lined interior and a decent size locking top box if you need it. Of course (as with all manufacturers) actually getting 10 guns in there would be a squeeze!.

At present there's a pair of 308s with large target turret scopes, a 223 A-Bolt with scope, a Henry underlever, a S&W MP15-22 and a section 1 shotgun so 6 in total and that's as many as I would fit comfortably.

You should look at the Brattonsound range, with an interal lockable section for ammo/bolts etc, they are fair priced and have multi draw bolt locking systems, and yes, get one bigger than you think you will need!

You will need to allow for the requirement to separately lock up your ammunition. This is easily achieved by getting a cabinet with a lockable compartment inside, otherwise you will need to show what additional security arrangements you have made to store your ammunition. I found most shotgun cabinets are too shallow, front to back, for my rifles, so look for the extra deep cabinets that are more suitable.

On airgunbbs.com firearms for sale section.
    vbull in Fordingbridge is selling two cabinets, he seems to have sold one already.
    Date of thread starter: 12/10/12 2:24PM
    You need to register to view it

Thanks for the feedback, I shall look at the manufacturers mentioned and make sure I look for an extra deep cabinet.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    On airgunbbs.com firearms for sale section.
    vbull in Fordingbridge is selling two cabinets, he seems to have sold one already.
    Date of thread starter: 12/10/12 2:24PM
    You need to register to view it
    Registered with airgunbbs but it looks like i need a posting history before i can view the for sale section.

Martin