How Good is Pulsar nightvision?

J DAVISON

Hi Guys,I need to get myself a piece of Nightvision to go onto my .222 for foxing,I need some advice on how good the Pulsar N550 or the N750 is or any other similar make.
Atb John.

John,

There are a few threads on this and people's views will vary according to their needs/expectations. My first question is do you want a dedicated night vision scope? My second is what budget do you have?
My view is that the Pulsar is OK, but if you're setting up a dedicated foxing rifle, there are better things out there.

Very limited. Don't like it at all.

The Archer is very good, but a fair bit more expensive. Around two grand.

Can't see how to justify it unless you are a self employed keeper and write it off against your tax bill.

Last edited:
I've got a 550 on my .22 for rabbit shooting. Its fine for that, but at a price and I don't like tying up the rifle as dedicated night shooter. I wouldn't want to use it on my .222. I'd agree with Claret_Dabbler, go with a quality add-on or better still a dedicated day/night scope like a Longbow. Depends how deep your pockets are.
The Pulsars are festooned with pointless electronic nonsense that you don't need for shooting, like video record connections. I like the idea of digital NV that cannot burn out and can be used at dawn and dusk and I think the technology has huge potential, but the Pulsars feel very much like first attempts and somewhat gimmicky. If I was buying now I'd go for an objective add-on.

Back