Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Overkill"?

"Overkill"?

Has anyone figured out what "Overkill" is yet?............ If we could get it sorted, we might direct some of it out where it's needed!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Shooting the deer then stabbing it a lot? Can you really get more dead than dead when it comes to shooting something?
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Account Suspended
    I might be wrong but I think it originated in military speak evolved during the cold war era.

And... I believe it was meant to refer to multiple nuclear strikes on the same target, much in excess of the destructive force calculated as actually necessary to obliterate that target.

Since, I've never obliterated anything while shooting I suspect the term does not and really cannot apply to stalking. Does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Has anyone figured out what "Overkill" is yet?............ If we could get it sorted, we might direct some of it out where it's needed!
    When the projectiles weight exceeds 10% of that of the intended quarries over all body weight? I'm pretty sure that would fit the bill of "overkill" but I'm open to the notion that I'm wrong. Perhaps my intinial comment would be better suited to "use enough gun"?

have a look on youtube seach over kill and a whole host of us films will come up with big calibres and small quarry may give you a idea

Quote Originally Posted by pboro shot View Post
    have a look on youtube seach over kill and a whole host of us films will come up with big calibres and small quarry may give you a idea
    Shooting pigeons with a 180gn bullet from a .308 could be classed as a bit of 'Overkill' maybe but then again

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Has anyone figured out what "Overkill" is yet?............
    To my mind:

Overkill = Very humane

So surely it's a good thing

Song by Lemmy of the Jack Daniels fame oh and lead singer in Motorhead

staying out of this one until my ticket comes back with AOLQ

"It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

375 vs rabbit..... youtube?