Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheres all the deer in thetford

Wheres all the deer in thetford

I have just come back from thetford forest and for 15 men stalking not all where shooting and 4 stalks each all we could manage 2 roe bucks and very little deer where seen.

so what is happening in thetford.

regards
    chris

I do find that funny, the parts that I've been around the last week or so have been normal, plenty of reds roaring. Must have been some real bum luck!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    I have just come back from thetford forest and for 15 men stalking not all where shooting and 4 stalks each all we could manage 2 roe bucks and very little deer where seen.

regards
    chris
    Chrisc its quite simple , you have shot them all .

Chill

Plenty round my patch, if anything is lacking its been roe bucks, tonnes of reds though so keeping busy!

I drive through Thetford every day (the joys of the A11) and there does appear to be less small deer around than last year compared to this, though it could be down to the distubance of the work they have been doing along the A11...

@ deerstalker.308 greetings neighbour,

Simon

[QUOTE=chrisc;454214]I have just come back from thetford forest and for 15 men stalking not all where shooting and 4 stalks each all we could manage 2 roe bucks and very little deer where seen.

regards
    chris[quote]

It is shot every weekend and sometimes during the week also so what do you expect ?
    With continual disturbance and shooting the stock is bound to be decreasing in number.

HWH.

It's good to hear that the St Hubert Club have got their deer stocks well balanced.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    It's good to hear that the St Hubert Club have got their deer stocks well balanced.

Ian
    Aye.
    It`s some of the members who are unbalanced such as that lying scumbag Manky Mark who was ths reason I resigned my membership as a `Fellow`.

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post

regards
    chris
    you had a bad weekend. That's what happened at Thetford. Just like it happens everywhere else in the country from time to time.

Who owns thetford forest it might be getting culled at night.