Fallow Rut ?

Grunting and making scrapes in Herts for last 10 days. Just come back from Warwickshire and plenty of action, bucks fighting behind my seat last night.

Out Saturday evening in Herefordshire had at least four bucks rutting around us. Sunday morning in the Cotswolds they were flat out sat in the truck waiting for it to get light I should every buck in the area was grunting fantastic feeling waiting for it to get light :D

Was in the Cotswolds yesterday also, and there were plenty grunting away! I saw one big old bruiser of a buck holding 43 does!!!

ATB

Tom

Are they worth shooting given the stink?
I would probably get the meat butchered to sell.

Shot an old fallow buck rutting Saturday night chasing does around, but he was going well back and wasn't really holding much body weight for the time of year. however saw a very nice buck today with a group of does and 3 prickets with them happily feeding along side each other.
MGD

Not much happening here, heard first buck this morning and bucks in the park dont seem that bothered either

Out Saturday evening in Herefordshire had at least four bucks rutting around us. Sunday morning in the Cotswolds they were flat out sat in the truck waiting for it to get light I should every buck in the area was grunting fantastic feeling waiting for it to get light :D
It was great listening to them but we might have had better luck with a Pricket if the Bucks hadn't been so busy

Was at Johnstonebridge near Lockerbie yesterday, no bucks showing and no activity at the rutting stands yet.

Moose

Has anyone seen or heard any signs of the Fallow rut starting ?

Chill
Just got in from herefordshire Chris. All the rutting stands I looked at, had very little to no sign or any use. Never heard anything all day until the very last thing this evening, when one buck in the next wood started grunting.
Shot a big old master buck last weekend (one of the biggest off the estate for years, 63.05kg larder) that was with does and stinking to high heaven.
Speak soon
Gaz

Just got in from herefordshire Chris. All the rutting stands I looked at, had very little to no sign or any use. Never heard anything all day until the very last thing this evening, when one buck in the next wood started grunting.
Shot a big old master buck last weekend (one of the biggest off the estate for years, 63.05kg larder) that was with does and stinking to high heaven.
Speak soon
Gaz

Well done with the Buck , i bet that took some dragging . Looking at my diaries this weekend coming they should be full on .

Chill

Well done with the Buck , i bet that took some dragging . Looking at my diaries this weekend coming they should be full on .

Chill
Was right down in the thick, and with many of the rides still not cut, I had to get the quad bike to get him out. When I get a bit more time i'll post some pictures of the buck. Gaz

Cotswolds. Bit of grunting sunday according to our keeper but not much since. Lots of does and Bucks milling about in and around stands but no real rut as yet. Going to have a butchers Sat am but temp needs to drop off its all a bit mild.

Back