Thread: Repair to muck boots

Repair to muck boots

Morning all. It may be a long shot and your help is greatly appreciated. I have a pair of muck and buck boots. Both very similar to each other. The tread, sides, toe etc are all fine, lots of life left. It's the heel on the inside that has rubbed away, making them impossible to wear for any length of time. The inside is like a neoprene. Is there a repare or place to send them. It seems a shame to throw them.
    many thanks.
    neil

Hi Neil

I had a problem with my muck boots they sprung a leak which I try to repair with silicon but I end up buy a pair of these off evilbay -NEW NEOPRENE KNEE LENGTH BOOT SOCK 4MM GREEN ALL SIZES.

They are brill

Regards

gray24b

Established Poster Muddy Springer's Avatar
    Worn two pairs through the heel in 2 years, will soon be sending par No. 3 in for replacement at no cost! I just wonder when they will cotton onto the fact to last that I'm on pair number 3...comfy, warm but certainly not built to last by any means.

I have gone through two pairs in 18 months. They both split just above the rand (seal) behind the toe box on the outside where the boot flexes.
    Trying to contact the UK distributor as I can't remember who they are, some place in Kent when I contacted them in February.
    The shop I bought them from went bust so I had to go through the distributor.
    Crap overrated product.

Could always buy something like le chameau and save yourself all the hassle, I've had mine for 7 years worn basically everyday day beating/picking up 35 odd days a year plus shooting and still show no real signs of wear best 112 I've ever spent that's for sure.....

I have the exact same problem. The right side inside heel has worn out and rubs against the back of my heel now, causing blisters if worn for any length of time. I'm disappointed that they have only lasted such a short time (approx 1.5 years.)

I'd be keen to hear any solutions to this. I read somewhere on the internet that wearing booties might solve the problem, but I'm not sure how comfortable booties would be to walk in.

I was thinking about getting some thin soft leather and some how glueing a two inch by fourninch strip to the worn out area, but I never seem to get good results from glue jobs

I've ordered some Scholl Sore Spots molesking. I read on a website that this has a good sticky backing and the moleskin makes up the worn areas.

Quote Originally Posted by MONGOOSE View Post
    Could always buy something like le chameau and save yourself all the hassle, I've had mine for 7 years worn basically everyday day beating/picking up 35 odd days a year plus shooting and still show no real signs of wear best 112 I've ever spent that's for sure.....
    Problem is have you seen the new ones, serious drop in quality rubber much thinner buckles fall off looking at them , they have always been the Welly of my choosing but I am going to need to look for an alternative.

Also see the company is up for sale don't know if that will be a good thing or not.