Thread: Hornet Dies

Hornet Dies

Anyone out there have a set of Hornet dies they want to sell, condition does not have to be great as long as they do the job. I have a .22k hornet ( i have dies for this ) but i need to reload some new standard brass ready to fireform in the K. The cheaper the better
    Thanks.
    LD

I,m Not allowed to post in classified yet

I thought you could neck size and seat bullets in the standard hornet brass with the K Hornet dies ?

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    I thought you could neck size and seat bullets in the standard hornet brass with the K Hornet dies ?

Neil.
    So did I?

You can. Unless you aren't using brass that was fired in your gun, but then... well... you shouldn't be doing that anyhow for forming improved brass.~Muir

Thanks for replies, i will be purchasing new standard hornet cases, i was under the impression that these should always be full sized to take out any irregularities or damage.
    I did buy some ppu factory loads, but every one of them split when being fireformed.. may try some different factory loads but they are bloody expensive will see how it goes!
    LD

I would just build a moderate load and fire them.
    As for splitting, strange, I use PPU brass by choice in my hornet, never had one split.
    All my cases are at or over 15 loads, never been full length re-sized and never been annealed.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    I would just build a moderate load and fire them.
    As for splitting, strange, I use PPU brass by choice in my hornet, never had one split.
    All my cases are at or over 15 loads, never been full length re-sized and never been annealed.

Neil.

Thanks Neil. Do you use a .22K hornet ? The ppu cases were splitting during fireforming, my mate uses them in a standard hornet with no problem.
    Thanks mate.
    LD