Thread: rem vtr and moderators

rem vtr and moderators

I have seen a really good price on a remmie vtr. The one with the triangular barrel. What I want to know is that assuming I don't care about losing the muzzle brake slots can it be fitted with a moderator. Anyone got any experience of these rifles?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by accurate View Post
    I have seen a really good price on a remmie vtr. The one with the triangular barrel. What I want to know is that assuming I don't care about losing the muzzle brake slots can it be fitted with a moderator. Anyone got any experience of these rifles?

Thanks.
    Yes mate, not personally, but yes, they can be screw cut. I've seen a few, and was chatting about it to my local 'smith
    atb
    Pete

My mate has one of these fitted with a Wildcat Pretador mod, the only modification is that the nylon bush has to be bored out to a larger diameter than normal in order to sufficiently slide down the barrel.

You get a gap between the nylon bush & the triangular barrel, but it doesnt appear to have any detremental effect on his setup

DA
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!