Thread: .243 factory crimp die

.243 factory crimp die

Howdy guys, looking for a Lee .243 factory crimp die if anyone has a spare kicking about,pm me and let me know cheers.

Attachment 20365Attachment 20364Attachment 20363Is this what you are looking for, the model number is 'LEE-243-D5' is this is not a crimp die can anyone shed some light on what it does do?
    Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Nomis View Post
    Attachment 20365Attachment 20364Attachment 20363Is this what you are looking for, the model number is 'LEE-243-D5' is this is not a crimp die can anyone shed some light on what it does do? Simon
    That same item was sold to me as a Crimp Die.
    It doesn't actually crimp, it just squeezes the bullet but as it works on the collet die principle, it means that all your bullets will have the same pressure, allowing for case thickness of course, because once the collet is closed you cannot 'crimp' any more so they should all be the same.

It is what i crimp my .243 rounds with. I also use the equivalent die to crimp my hornet rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholiath View Post
    It is what i crimp my .243 rounds with. I also use the equivalent die to crimp my hornet rounds.
    I bet it gives good consistancy too.
    I find it better than the original crimp die which actually 'rolled' the end of the case into the cannellure of the bullet, which in time weakened the mouth of the case and caused them to shorten in quite a short time.

Thanks for the picture, but I actually want to buy one (assuming you are not selling yours) I am aware I can buy a new one from various outlets, but trying to save a bob or two by asking if anyone has a used one they no longer need.