Thread: Ever thought about hunting in Africa?

Ever thought about hunting in Africa?

Attachment 20337Attachment 20338Attachment 20339Attachment 20340Attachment 20341Attachment 20342Attachment 20343Attachment 20344Attachment 20345Attachment 20346

If you’re thinking about planning a hunting trip to Africa then I can thoroughly recommend taking a look at Thorndale Safaris http://www.thorndalesafari.co.za/
    It’s a luxury 5 star lodge down in the Malaria free Eastern Cape of South Africa about an hour’s drive from Port Elizabeth airport.

If you've got Google Earth then enter 'Thorndale Lodge South Africa'

The location is stunning; the Lodge sits on a hillside overlooking miles of Karoo bushveld that’s home to over forty species of antelope.

But for the hunter who prefers the rustic simplicity of the African bushveld Thorndale also offer a Lapa Bush Camp experience set amidst indigenous trees and wildlife.
    So whether you’re planning to go solo, with a group or perhaps take the family for a combined hunting/sightseeing adventure, you’ll find the Thorndale guys will put together a package that’ll be hard to beat.

For example, a 7 day/6 night/6 animal management hunt package costs less than 1900. This includes: -

- Return transfer between Port Elizabeth airport and Thorndale Lodge
    - All accommodation
    - Laundry
    - Meals and beverages
    - Open bar
    - Hunting licenses and local taxes
    - Professional Hunter
    - Skinner and Tracker
    - 4x4 hunting vehicle

Additional cost items would include air fare, extra animals over and above what’s included in the package, taxidermist costs (only if you take trophy animals) optional rifle hire and tips/gratuities.

If you plan to take your rifle and would normally fly from Heathrow then BA offer a convenient direct to Johannesburg flight leaving Terminal 5 with a 3 hour stopover (leaving enough time to get your hunting permit) before the domestic flight down to Port Elizabeth. I normally leave Terminal 5 around 7:30pm on a Saturday and I’m in the Thorndale Lodge at around midday on the Sunday.

Having done this trip several times I’m happy to give detailed information or offer advice.
    I’ve also included a pdf account of my trip earlier this year.
    Last edited by bobbroom; 16-10-2012 at 14:58.