Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thinking of buying a blaser stalking rifle

thinking of buying a blaser stalking rifle

thinking of swapping all my rifles in for a new blaser. i would get barrels in .243, .270 and .22-250. what i would like to know is when you remove the barrel do you have to remove the scope? what i would like is if i could have 3 barrels with one top of the range scope rather than 3 cheaper ones? is this possible?

thanks
    Tom

Yes, you just need to remember how many clicks you need to convert your zero from one barrel to the other and away you go.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:
    http://www.7south.co.uk/

I have never tried this myself but how about zeroing the rifle in with one barrel, fireing a group with each of the other barrels and making a note of the adjust required to bring back onto zero? atb Tim

( I see Caorach has the same idea)

yeah i was hoping i would be able to mark the turrets and just adjust when i swap barrels, how big a job is it to swap the barrel and scopes? will the zero change if i chage the scope as well as the barrel every time?

thanks
    Tom

No disrespect to Blaser nor your decision. But if this is an issue, have you considered the Merkel Helix? Obviously the calibre variety will entail changing settings on the scope regardless.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Tomm View Post
    yeah i was hoping i would be able to mark the turrets and just adjust when i swap barrels, how big a job is it to swap the barrel and scopes? will the zero change if i chage the scope as well as the barrel every time?

thanks
    Tom
    You can swap the barrel in about 30 seconds. Scopes in about 10 seconds.

If you have a separate scope for each barrel then zero won't change.

The saddlemount may not fit all 3 barrels without adjusting its tension, i have scopes for each calibre.

Think you might find Offroad is right ive got three barrels and if i swop scopes i have to alter the tension on them and re zero
    ive now (over a period) got three scopes which stay on the barrels so no need to zero between changing now
    just a note i've had my R93 for ten years bostin rifle would'nt swop it now for oat

So it wouldn't just be a case if swapping and moving the turrets to the zero point it would have to be completely rezeroed

thanks
    Tom

A 22-250 and a .243.

No need. Stick with the .243 and 87gr v max for fox. The .270 for deer.

But in reality the fox dont complain when hit by my 7-08.

"If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"