Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was this a good deal?!

Was this a good deal?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (36).JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	352.5 KB 
ID:	20366

Got all this from a mate moving abroad - not sure what most of it is! Three press type things, a load of dies (.223, 9mm, .243, .308), powder measure, scales, primer, a vice, the table itself, Loading Book (Richard Lee), some tubs of powder, a load of heads and cases, large and small primers, a zip-trim case-trimmer, 3 loading trays, case lubes, and a load of miscellaneous stuff!

I saw a starter kit new for 110 so I'm wondering if I got done as paid 150 for this?!

You certainly weren't done. Assuming you need a full set for more than one of the calibres mentioned. It looks like you now have all you need & you can identify & sell off what you won't use. You'll be quids in.

Ian

I saw that advertised on another site and a guy said he'd have it if it could be posted, I advised him to use http://www.collectplus.co.uk/faqs to post it as they are cheaper than royal mail.
    I didn't realise there was powder in with it all.
    Or maybe this isn't the same lot but it certainly looks like it.

He's local to me (about 20 mins from chichester) - he didn't say he had advertised elsewhere but guess he could have... does it sound like the same set?

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    You certainly weren't done. Assuming you need a full set for more than one of the calibres mentioned. It looks like you now have all you need & you can identify & sell off what you won't use. You'll be quids in.

Ian
    Thanks Ian, he's a nice guy so didn't think he'd over-price it but seemed like he was in a rush and hadn't used it in a while so wasn't sure what it was worth! Feel a bit guilty now!

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyDoom View Post
    I'm wondering if I got done as paid 150 for this?!
    You Joking? I will give you 160 for the lot. Seriously there looks to be two Lee turret presses there, plus a single stage press, my turret press cost over 100 a few years ago, I would say a steal, if the powder tubbs are full they are worth 80. I use a single stage Lee and a Lee Turret press set up myself.

ATB

Tahr

Methinks thou dost protest too much!!!!!y
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Got all this from a mate moving abroad - not sure what most of it is! Three press type things, a load of dies (.223, 9mm, .243, .308), powder measure, scales, primer, a vice, the table itself, Loading Book (Richard Lee), some tubs of powder, a load of heads and cases, large and small primers, a zip-trim case-trimmer, 3 loading trays, case lubes, and a load of miscellaneous stuff!

I saw a starter kit new for 110 so I'm wondering if I got done as paid 150 for this?!
    Such a sucker question. If you saw a starter kit for 110, shy are you asking if all this was a good deal? Don't be coy. Jump on and say, "HOLY CRAP! DID I JUST LAND A HELL OF A DEAL!!!" (and rejoice)~Muir

Hi Rich
    If you are feeling guilty or robbed i will give your mate his money back and drive down and pick it up.(And i won't even charge you petrol money for driving down to collect it
    Geordie

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Such a sucker question. If you saw a starter kit for 110, shy are you asking if all this was a good deal? Don't be coy. Jump on and say, "HOLY CRAP! DID I JUST LAND A HELL OF A DEAL!!!" (and rejoice)~Muir
    Too right Andy.