15th November

thistledeyke

Wether you agree with it or not on the 15th Nov in England and Wales Police Crime Commissioner elections will be held. Is this not a good time to probe the perspective candidates on their views of Firearms ownership, the application of the Home Office and ACPO guide lines (a national consistance approach) inefficiences and incosistences in Firearms Depts which often leads to long delays in renewing or issuing certs. There are many other issues which affect legitimate Field Sports paticipants, such as poaching, hare coursing etc. Again what is the approach to these issues of your local Police area candidates.
I've just written to mine asking these questions.

We need to be a voice that is heard or do we just view it with apathy stick our heads in the sand and have to accept what we get without question.

Pete.

12.00 hrs on the 19th Oct is the closing time for nominations. Here in Humberside all the key players (in reality) have been in place for some time. With one particular high profile candidate. Dont see anyone else turning up with a chance here.

Pete.

This quote is part of the reply from one of the candidates for the PCC position in the Humberside area, the rest of the reply was very pro shooting & field sports and also tackling rural crime. Ask the questions and it helps you make the right vote on the day.

"I have been contacted by a national shooting organization and have agreed totheir request for me to scrutinize fire arms licensing procedures inHumberside if elected."

Sure you could ask thay thug Prescott but I'll leave to to wonder if and waht sort of response you would get.

It's just another Quango and part of the gravy train for has beens like Presgott

Sure you could ask thay thug Prescott but I'll leave to to wonder if and waht sort of response you would get.

It's just another Quango and part of the gravy train for has beens like Presgott

Didn't bother with that one as I thought I'd be wasting my time. However someone will get the job wether we agree with it or not, just thought it best to get their views regarding our sport & firearms ownership. If you don't vote you can't complain in my book.

Pete.

Strange thing the Democratic process?

Now moved on to a situation where theoretically a 'Complete Muppet' can override and sack a Chief of Police.
Oh well that's the way we seem to make things better in this Country by letting the lunatics run the asylum.

Should there be a box to say "NO Thank You"?

Back