Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friggin gun dealers.

Friggin gun dealers.

I travelled 70 miles round trip to let a well known Scottish gun shop see my 20g Browning C12g which is virtually unfired and the owner of the shop inspected the gun he phoned another "buyer" to get a second opinion and i overheard him saying my immaculate wee gun had "some marks" (when questioned over the marks all he could come up with was fingerprints on the stock) and duly offered me a commision sale which equated to 25% of the RRP. I left the shop fuming and as i can only trace 2 in the U.K. in very used condition on at 9,000 ish i feel these jokers are taking the pee.... Rant over.

Maybe they see a very limited market for that model? I'll PM you a name of a sporting firearms valuation chap, may be worth a call?

Sounds as if your were being played for a fallguy Red, you'll just have to bide your time !

All the best with your sale.

Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Try holts auctions.
    They came valued a rifle of mine free of charge. Took it with them and sold it and the commission was 10% I'm sure.
    Pits in there interest to get the highest price.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    I travelled 70 miles round trip to let a well known Scottish gun shop see my 20g Browning C12g which is virtually unfired and the owner of the shop inspected the gun he phoned another "buyer" to get a second opinion and i overheard him saying my immaculate wee gun had "some marks" (when questioned over the marks all he could come up with was fingerprints on the stock) and duly offered me a commision sale which equated to 25% of the RRP. I left the shop fuming and as i can only trace 2 in the U.K. in very used condition on at 9,000 ish i feel these jokers are taking the pee.... Rant over.
    Was this a Perth shop??

nutty

No Nutty... a Fife shooting ground.. thanks for the PM's guys!!!

hi red dot name and shame the git as he was pulling a flanker and let you over her him just to rob you atb harry 243

Get Dicksons in Edinburgh to sell that on commision for you. They have the types of buyers who will take a gun like that.

Sean in St Boswells is also worth a shout, he has bought a few off me and always been fair on pricing.

A long way from you, admittedly, but you could do worse than speak to West London Shooting School, EJ Churchill or there used to be a shop at Royal Berkshire Shooting School. The people they have through these places generally have 'loads of money' and I could imagine someone snapping up your gun.
    Worth a punt to see how much they'd put it up for and want in commission?

WLSS want 20% commission, which is outrageous.