Friggin gun dealers.

RED-DOT

I travelled 70 miles round trip to let a well known Scottish gun shop see my 20g Browning C12g which is virtually unfired and the owner of the shop inspected the gun he phoned another "buyer" to get a second opinion and i overheard him saying my immaculate wee gun had "some marks" (when questioned over the marks all he could come up with was fingerprints on the stock) and duly offered me a commision sale which equated to 25% of the RRP. I left the shop fuming and as i can only trace 2 in the U.K. in very used condition on at £9,000 ish i feel these jokers are taking the pee.... Rant over.

Maybe they see a very limited market for that model? I'll PM you a name of a sporting firearms valuation chap, may be worth a call?

Sounds as if your were being played for a fallguy Red, you'll just have to bide your time !

All the best with your sale.

Buck.

Try holts auctions.
They came valued a rifle of mine free of charge. Took it with them and sold it and the commission was 10% I'm sure.
Pits in there interest to get the highest price.
Andrew

I travelled 70 miles round trip to let a well known Scottish gun shop see my 20g Browning C12g which is virtually unfired and the owner of the shop inspected the gun he phoned another "buyer" to get a second opinion and i overheard him saying my immaculate wee gun had "some marks" (when questioned over the marks all he could come up with was fingerprints on the stock) and duly offered me a commision sale which equated to 25% of the RRP. I left the shop fuming and as i can only trace 2 in the U.K. in very used condition on at £9,000 ish i feel these jokers are taking the pee.... Rant over.

Was this a Perth shop??

nutty

Get Dicksons in Edinburgh to sell that on commision for you. They have the types of buyers who will take a gun like that.

Sean in St Boswells is also worth a shout, he has bought a few off me and always been fair on pricing.

A long way from you, admittedly, but you could do worse than speak to West London Shooting School, EJ Churchill or there used to be a shop at Royal Berkshire Shooting School. The people they have through these places generally have 'loads of money' and I could imagine someone snapping up your gun.
Worth a punt to see how much they'd put it up for and want in commission?

OK. it was Robin at Cluny Clays... i still can't believe he said it was marked as it just ain't.

A long way from you, admittedly, but you could do worse than speak to West London Shooting School, EJ Churchill or there used to be a shop at Royal Berkshire Shooting School. The people they have through these places generally have 'loads of money' and I could imagine someone snapping up your gun.
Worth a punt to see how much they'd put it up for and want in commission?

Also try the boys at Emmett & Stone in Marlow. Only 10 months old and very keen to drive business

i once sent a rifle to a dealer as he wanted it for himself then he made no contact for a week then i got a call of a dealer who was at the CLA to see if i wanted a rifle , guess what it was my rifle the other dealer was hawking it around the stalls.

chris

WLSS want 20% commission, which is outrageous.

I wonder if you would go to work for 20% commision, honestly at time's some of you guy's amaze me , what about overhead's and other bill's the shop's have to pay.

If your not happy just try and sell your gun's yourself on guntrader.

And when your fed up with all the tyre kicker's go back to your local gunshop and pay them the commision they deserve for doing you a favour.

Honestly this country is truely ******.

Mark.

Harsh. 1800 on a £9000 gun, not bad commission!

I wonder if you would go to work for 20% commision, honestly at time's some of you guy's amaze me , what about overhead's and other bill's the shop's have to pay.

And when your fed up with all the tyre kicker's go back to your local gunshop and pay them the commision they deserve for doing you a favour.

Mark.

Mark.
What work do they do for 20% apart from putting it on the rack? My local shop charges 10% which is fair enough it's not like they have had to lay any money out for the rifle/shotgun

Back