Thread: Urban Deer Control

Urban Deer Control

Just picked shooting Times up and notice there a SNH instruction day on best practice in november
    (is this for 6P's benifit) sorry bud could not resist that. or are you part of the course.

Light blue touch paper and stand back LOL

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    Just picked shooting Times up and notice there a SNH instruction day on best practice in november
    (is this for 6P's benifit) sorry bud could not resist that. or are you part of the course.

Ouchhh...................... Helmets on.

nutty

From what I know 6p has a whole load of experience with deers in the urban environment. Most old dears up closes. LOl

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Hey leave 6p alone.
    I stalk in some very urbanised areas and I can tell you it's a lot harder than wandering around some daisy filled patch
    My own personal record is shooting a Muntjac 12ft away from someones front door, you have to be VERY aware of your backstops. Also the locals can be a bit of a handful, they often think that the deer belong to everybody. I've had to deal with the police on a regular basis, armed response, helicopters buzzing me, angry locals banging saucepans, the list goes on and on.

Fact is that with all that lovely straight out of the nursery food available the heads are really good. And more often than not stalking is also free.

Roedeerred The day is a simple get together and i am aware they(SNH) will if possible try and put an urban slant on the day.With regards is it for my benefit while i am important i am not that important so no its not. Will i be part of the day no i will not this is organised by SNH to get the message across to the lowland Towny's about the DEER CODE. http://www.snh.gov.uk/docs/B949709.pdf I was asked if i could supply some deer for the day but even that will be impossible because i will be in wales that weekend. Chasing wild boar in a very beautiful rural area lol.
    Gazza is correct i have been known to take the odd old deer (up a close) But i never was fussy.
    There i kept quite calm dont you think .

Did not read you post Teyhan bang on a few medal roe have fallen close to the city lights

Hy there new an like you could take a joke you just came to mind when I saw it and as for takeing the old deer up a close sure you dont mean "the odd old dear up close"

Hope the message gets across to townies dispite your absance