Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WH Smith "keep complaing"

WH Smith "keep complaing"

Hi All,
    Sorry to be a pain, but I think its important that we keep up the pressure.

WHSmith – keep complaining until you receive a personal response

17 October 2012
    WHSmith is stopping under-14s from buying shooting magazines from its shops by using a till prompt to check the age of its customers. Not only does this discriminate against children but it offends adults who are stopped at self-service tills. WHSmith customers have been complaining about this policy by email. However, customers are receiving stock replies. BASC urges everyone to keep replying until they receive a personal response. See steps 1 – 4 in the next section below.
    If you haven’t already done so please also register your views in the following ways:
    Click here to sign a petition
    Click here to vote in a web poll
    Click here to 'like' a Facebook campaign page
    Click here to leave a comment on WHSmith’s Facebook page
    By working together we can reverse this policy. Spread the word and take action today!
    Step 1 – email WHSmith

Please email WHSmith chief executive Kate Swann at kate.swann@whsmith.co.uk and chairman Walker Boyd at walker.boyd@whsmith.co.uk calling for WHSmith to withdraw its policy to stop under 14s from buying shooting magazines. Some points to consider in your email could include the following:

• Explain how often you visit WHSmith and what magazines and other products you regularly purchase.
    • WHSmith’s decision was made in the erroneous belief that 14 is the legal age for "obtaining" a firearm. In fact, there are many different age limits in firearms legislation and in many circumstances there are no age restrictions on children shooting if supervised by an adult. This occurs across the country with parents and guardians, in shooting clubs, the Cadet corps and the Scout movement.
    • WHSmith does not have an age restriction on the purchase of car magazines despite an age limit of 17 for driving.
    • Shooting is an Olympic sport and athletes start to train at a young age.
    • At the recent three party conferences, front bench spokesmen and Government ministers from all major parties sang the praises of shooting sports for the sense of responsibility and discipline that they encourage in the children who take them up.

Step 2 – email WHSmith again

If you receive a stock reply, email again requesting that the points raised in your email are addressed.
    Copy of the first level stock reply customers are receiving:
    Thank you for your email. WHSmith aims to offer our customers choice, whilst striking the right balance and not acting as a censor. WHSmith seeks to do its best to satisfy all of its customers who often have strongly opposing views. We aim to display all of our magazines in locations where they are accessible to those who want to buy them, but do not offend those who do not. The till prompt system has been in place for many years on a range of different products and this has not previously been an issue for customers.
    Step 3 – email WHSmith AGAIN!

If you receive a stock reply in a follow-up email, again request that the points raised in your email are addressed.
    Copy of the second level stock reply customers are receiving:
    Thank you for your further e mail which has been passed to me as Head of Customer Services for investigation and response. I apologise if you feel that our initial reply did not sufficiently address all of your previous concerns. I would like to assure you that WHSmith respects the views expressed by all customers. We are therefore now in the process of assimilating all of this further feedback, to assist us in looking into this issue. If I can be of any further assistance at any point , please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Step 4 – share a copy of any personal response received

Keep replying by email until you receive a personal response. Submit a copy of that response via BASC’s comment box below. We will only publish your first name when publishing responses received.

regards
    Griff

ha, they replied to me griff;

Dear Colin

Thank you for your further e mail which has been passed to me as Head of Customer Services for investigation and response.

I apologise if you feel that our initial reply did not sufficiently address all of your previous concerns.

I would like to assure you that WHSmith respects the views expressed by all customers. We are therefore now in the process of assimilating all of this further feedback, to assist us in looking into this issue.

If I can be of any further assistance at any point , please do not hesitate to contact me.

Juliette Cavilla

Head of Customer Services

arthur that is another automated responce mate keep at em, wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

called in to Sheffield high st branch earlier,all the shooting mags were at ground level, to be honest in a better position for veiwing by the public than ever.

Hi Guys.
    I received the exact same reply as Arthursc received.
    See where we go from here, keep onto WHS until this matter is resolved in our favour, it's a must.

Got the first stock answer, just followed-up.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Waiting for stock reply number two to arrive.....

I also made the point in my email that at pretty much every foreign airport I fly through (and that's a lot!) I can buy the local hunting/shooting mags, but try doing that at any WH Smith branch in a UK airport and you'll search in vain. Censorship by the back door.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Hi All,
    Sorry to be a pain, but I think its important that we keep up the pressure.

WHSmith – keep complaining until you receive a personal response

17 October 2012
    WHSmith is stopping under-14s from buying shooting magazines from its shops by using a till prompt to check the age of its customers. Not only does this discriminate against children but it offends adults who are stopped at self-service tills. WHSmith customers have been complaining about this policy by email. However, customers are receiving stock replies. BASC urges everyone to keep replying until they receive a personal response. See steps 1 – 4 in the next section below.
    If you haven’t already done so please also register your views in the following ways:
    Click here to sign a petition
    Click here to vote in a web poll
    Click here to 'like' a Facebook campaign page
    Click here to leave a comment on WHSmith’s Facebook page
    By working together we can reverse this policy. Spread the word and take action today!
    Step 1 – email WHSmith

Please email WHSmith chief executive Kate Swann at kate.swann@whsmith.co.uk and chairman Walker Boyd at walker.boyd@whsmith.co.uk calling for WHSmith to withdraw its policy to stop under 14s from buying shooting magazines. Some points to consider in your email could include the following:

• Explain how often you visit WHSmith and what magazines and other products you regularly purchase.
    • WHSmith’s decision was made in the erroneous belief that 14 is the legal age for "obtaining" a firearm. In fact, there are many different age limits in firearms legislation and in many circumstances there are no age restrictions on children shooting if supervised by an adult. This occurs across the country with parents and guardians, in shooting clubs, the Cadet corps and the Scout movement.
    • WHSmith does not have an age restriction on the purchase of car magazines despite an age limit of 17 for driving.
    • Shooting is an Olympic sport and athletes start to train at a young age.
    • At the recent three party conferences, front bench spokesmen and Government ministers from all major parties sang the praises of shooting sports for the sense of responsibility and discipline that they encourage in the children who take them up.

Step 2 – email WHSmith again

If you receive a stock reply, email again requesting that the points raised in your email are addressed.
    Copy of the first level stock reply customers are receiving:
    Thank you for your email. WHSmith aims to offer our customers choice, whilst striking the right balance and not acting as a censor. WHSmith seeks to do its best to satisfy all of its customers who often have strongly opposing views. We aim to display all of our magazines in locations where they are accessible to those who want to buy them, but do not offend those who do not. The till prompt system has been in place for many years on a range of different products and this has not previously been an issue for customers.
    Step 3 – email WHSmith AGAIN!

If you receive a stock reply in a follow-up email, again request that the points raised in your email are addressed.
    Copy of the second level stock reply customers are receiving:
    Thank you for your further e mail which has been passed to me as Head of Customer Services for investigation and response. I apologise if you feel that our initial reply did not sufficiently address all of your previous concerns. I would like to assure you that WHSmith respects the views expressed by all customers. We are therefore now in the process of assimilating all of this further feedback, to assist us in looking into this issue. If I can be of any further assistance at any point , please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Step 4 – share a copy of any personal response received

Keep replying by email until you receive a personal response. Submit a copy of that response via BASC’s comment box below. We will only publish your first name when publishing responses received.

regards
    Griff
    Why bother it's their ball if they don't want to play it is up to them, the people that printer the magazines to complain .

Then the real reason David BASC and now your good self are on the trail of this is BASC indorse the shooting times .

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Why bother it's their ball if they don't want to play it is up to them, the people that printer the magazines to complain .

Then the real reason David BASC and now your good self are on the trail of this is BASC indorse the shooting times .
    No, it isn't up to someone else to do it, no-one else is going to look out for us, because no-one else is really interested, it's a minority concern. WHS will respond to large volumes of complaints, it's bad business for them not to. Even for IPC Media, Shooting Times is a bit of a sideshow. What we're talking about here is another restriction on bringing new people into the sport. People like I was. So it's up to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    No, it isn't up to someone else to do it, no-one else is going to look out for us, because no-one else is really interested, it's a minority concern. WHS will respond to large volumes of complaints, it's bad business for them not to. Even for IPC Media, Shooting Times is a bit of a sideshow. What we're talking about here is another restriction on bringing new people into the sport. People like I was. So it's up to all of us.
    +1 I totally agree, there has long been a campaign by the antis to marginalise shooting as they have succeeded in doing with hunting, we all know where this is leading to so we must act. atb Tim